What do you all think?

Posted By: FatherFrost  Posted On: Mar 21st, 2010  Filed Under: Weather

I'm debating whether I should stay on this forum and continue to share wx photos and forecasts or if I should leave.

I don't want to say I don't feel welcome here because that isn't it, you folks are quite welcoming….It's like….I feel like a speck of dust on the floor that gets over-looked most of the time.

I mean, if hardly anyone wants to see my forecast other than a couple of people then whats the point?

I don't know what to do.

I think my total “fan”-base is like 2. I'm not here for the purpose of fans but I don't feel like I'm part of the “in” crowd here which makes me feel quite out of place.

1. Grandin says:

You worrie too much man. doesnt matter what others think about u etc. This fourm is for everyone to talk weather and post there predicts. Not to see who can have the best amount of friends. Now i think you should stay and talk about weather and post all the predicts you want dude. That's clearly up to you fatherfrost. But if u decided to go im gonna miss you and will miss your predict maps. But i hope you stay man. I'm a fan of you. You and wjp shouldnt compete you both are good weather dudes ive said this before.

2. PlowmanOhio81 says:

I think your worrying to much Father. I post stuff on here sometimes that are just general questions… and they get breezed right over. It's all par for the course. I look at your forecasts even though I don't comment on them. :)

3. MSSouthernGirl says:

FatherFrost you are just as much a part of this forum as WJP, Okie, Grandin, MaineMan, Plowman or anyone else. Everyone posts stuff that doesn't get a response. I certainly have.  I know that sometimes that can make a person feel as if they are insignificant in the scheme of things but that isn't so.  Your maps and pictures add something to the forum. They also add into the history of our forum. That is a big plus given the fact that the Framers Almanac is relys on the history of weather, climate, planting and so on.  Bottom line FatherFrost, if you do decide to leave you will be missed. Our forum won't be the same. We will all be lacking in another view of weather forecasting and how things look (from your photos) in another part of the country, not to mention another forecasters opionion, which keeps things interesting.

4. TheMaineMan says:

FatherFrost,

You're a respected member of the forum… I think I speak for many when I say that I enjoy reading your posts/forecasts.

My advice is to just chillax and don't assume the worst. Sometimes you appear to think people are criticizing you when they are not. For instance, when you released your Spring outlook, I asked you a question about it because I didn't understand part of it (I didn't disagree with it, I just didn't understand it because I'm not familiar with forecasting methods/terminology) and you assumed that I disagreed with your entire forecast, when I in fact did not disagree with it.

I guess I'm just not sure why you get the impression that people don't like/respect you and your posts. Your Spring picture thread was a good idea, is a good success too. Look at how many views it has (not just replies).

Also, your spring outlook is off to a good start in my region… you called for warm temperatures and average precipitation in March… and it's been quite warm for the vast majority of the month and the rain we're about to get will bring us up to average as long as it materializes. On the other hand, wjp called for cold temperatures and blizzards… and I've had a trace of snow all month!

That's my opinion… like grandin said if you don't feel like posting, then you are free to not post, but I do like seeing your posts and hope that you relax and don't worry too much. Smile

Enjoy the scenery in those pictures you posted… the grass is green here but everything else is brown/dead/dormant.

-Matt

5. admin says:

Hang in there Father – we don't want you to go anywhere. And as more and more people become familiar with the new forum, I think you'll see your posts getting the attention they deserve. We love the fact that you folks have created your own “community within a community” so to speak and want that to continue for a long, long time.

6. aiden says:

Now why on earth do you want to leave?  I enjoy your maps, your insight and so much more.  You're valuable.  Please reconsider.

thanks

7. FatherFrost says:

Well if you'd like to help the situation I would like to know y'alls opinion on my latest photos in the Spring Photo thread because I did ask and no one said anything. :)

8. Grandin says:

FatherFrost said:

Well if you'd like to help the situation I would like to know y'alls opinion on my latest photos in the Spring Photo thread because I did ask and no one said anything. :)

i think all your pics and posts are enat fatherfrost. u do a good job on taking pictures. and createin blogs ab out weather.

9. Blizzardlord says:

you should stay fatherfrost. you and wjp are the bomb. you guys are excellent. you both know how to predict and i like looking at your guys forcasts.

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in ยป