ACTIVE SEVERE SEASON IN THE PLAINS

Posted By: wjp2011111  Posted On: Mar 26th, 2010  Filed Under: Weather

From what I see, the Great Plains will see plety-o-severe weather this April.  Looks Pretty Bad at times, if not, Dangerous.  Late Next week/Weekend, Looks bad…. a Month from then….Looks Bad…..a Very stormy Year, Severe.  Take percautions if you live there.Laughing

1. spellbound says:

What do you see for my area ??   Nice to see ya too, by the way.

2. Grandin says:

wjp2011111 said:From what I see, the Great Plains will see plety-o-severe weather this April.  Looks Pretty Bad at times, if not, Dangerous.  Late Next week/Weekend, Looks bad…. a Month from then….Looks Bad…..a Very stormy Year, Severe.  Take percautions if you live there.Laughing

Does that include my area too phil? im upper midwest kinda sorta near the great plains.. 46360

3. FatherFrost says:

I wish we would see some severe wx. Every call for thunderstorms has busted so far. All we've gotten is basic rains. And cold rains at that. :(

4. Nativedaughter says:

wjp2011111 said:From what I see, the Great Plains will see plety-o-severe weather this April.  Looks Pretty Bad at times, if not, Dangerous.  Late Next week/Weekend, Looks bad…. a Month from then….Looks Bad…..a Very stormy Year, Severe.  Take percautions if you live there.Laughing

Wjp, Just 2 days before FA changed this forum I posted this same topic!

I been looking at weather patterns and this season is almost a Twin to the great Tornado outbreak of 2003

across MO>KS.

We have already had a tornado here in Mo this month, It was a minor EF0 but still did some damage.

We had the Weather Spotter / Skywarn Class and we are all in agreement that this is going to be a dangerous year

In the mid-section.

5. TheMaineMan says:

FatherFrost, I'm looking forward to seeing a T-storm as well. I'm thinking that if April is really as warm as many forecasters are currently predicting…we might get one or two.

Looks like Virginia could be under a very heavy torch in early April…possibly even 90 degrees inland (not sure about the coast). Might hit 70 up here, even in the freakishly cold northern Maine (I'm sure that would shatter a record!) With that kind of heat, I'd be shocked if you don't have some T-storms coming your way in the near future. I'm no forecaster though, I just look at what others say and then use my common sense to interpret the different predictions, lol.

I'm actually surprised at how accurate my “spring outlook” was for March. Warm and dry in the north… quite cool with a late season snow in the SE. However, it looks like April will be quite wet, so my prediction of that not happening until May is probably going to be a big bust, LOL.

6. FatherFrost says:

April is usually wet here. I just need it to be dry on April 10th so the community Renaissance Faire doesn't get rained out. :(

Our local forecasters are only calling for 80 degrees here for easter weekend. Then the following week is suppose to be cooler (60's) and overcast all week with a shower or storm somewhere in the mix. :)

It's been the perfect spring so far. It looks like my wet/cool south prediction will be somewhat right…definately the wet part though!

7. Flake Fan says:

With 4-6 days of 70's and 80's with strong southerly winds, then that strong slow moving storm coming through I can easily see quite a large severe outbreak this weekend…lets just hope nobody gets hurt! Before it comes, enjoy the warmth, I will!

8. interstatelover716 says:

TheMaineMan said:

FatherFrost, I'm looking forward to seeing a T-storm as well. I'm thinking that if April is really as warm as many forecasters are currently predicting…we might get one or two.

Looks like Virginia could be under a very heavy torch in early April…possibly even 90 degrees inland (not sure about the coast). Might hit 70 up here, even in the freakishly cold northern Maine (I'm sure that would shatter a record!) With that kind of heat, I'd be shocked if you don't have some T-storms coming your way in the near future. I'm no forecaster though, I just look at what others say and then use my common sense to interpret the different predictions, lol.

I'm actually surprised at how accurate my “spring outlook” was for March. Warm and dry in the north… quite cool with a late season snow in the SE. However, it looks like April will be quite wet, so my prediction of that not happening until May is probably going to be a big bust, LOL.

Speaking of “Torching”, how warm do you think it might be in Bethel, CT??

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in ยป