Well, dig out my shovel and take the boots out!

Posted By: TheMaineMan  Posted On: Mar 29th, 2010  Filed Under: Weather

I can't believe it, an inch of snow actually fell last night. It's currently pouring rain and turning it into a layer of slush, but it sure was nice to actually wake up and see a white ground. Decent chance it will be the last accumulating snowfall of the year, so I enjoyed it thoroughly. Smile

Ok, so I don't need a shovel or boots, lol. However, since the ground is a bit frozen from this past weekend… I sure hope it thaws soon with all of this rain coming (2-4 inches) otherwise the ground won't absorb the water and it will all go to waste… (not to mention flooding hazards).

Imagine if this whole storm had been snow… I'd be buried… and loving every minute of it. LOL.   Supposed to be 70 degrees this weekend though!

1. RumneyNH says:

During the night my wife and I thought we saw snow outside but when we got up this morning there was no evidence of it.

2. Blizzardlord says:

we are nowhere close to having snow in northern indiana. highs later this week will be rising up to 80 degrees, which is around daily records for the area. our march is really warm with not even a flake of snow falling. having a streak of 70s to 80s for about 5 days is unusual for us this time of year.

3. Grandin says:

Blizzardlord said:we are nowhere close to having snow in northern indiana. highs later this week will be rising up to 80 degrees, which is around daily records for the area. our march is really warm with not even a flake of snow falling. having a streak of 70s to 80s for about 5 days is unusual for us this time of year.

This year we are gonna have big Temps blizzardlord alot of 90's and some 100's but it comes with a price. it's suppose to storm ALOT serve stuff alot im down with it i love hot and big time thunderstorms.

4. MSSouthernGirl says:

Well MaineMan just last night I was wondering what you and everyone else got of that huge swath of percipitation that just exited the east coast. Glad you saw some of the white stuff.

We are looking at 72 for a high today and upper 70's to 80 tomorrow through the weekend. Even for us down south 80's aren't the norm this time of year.

5. Blizzardlord says:

i had heard about that grandin too. i heard it was suppose to be warmer than normal with more thunderstorms. i just don't want tornadoes

6. TheMaineMan says:

It's still raining believe it or not…  and they're still calling for 60-70+ this weekend, with lows well above freezing.

These conditions should bring a spring explosion…well…at least promote one later in the month, lol.

7. Blizzardlord says:

it is for sure that places here in indiana will see temps to 80 degrees thursday and friday. for fort wayne, on thursday, 80 would break a record, but for friday, it will be close. March was a very warm month for us. no snow fell at all, not a flake. hoping april will bring just as good weather as march brought. once summer is over, can't wait for winter.

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in ยป