Weather changes due to volcanos

Posted By: spellbound  Posted On: Apr 17th, 2010  Filed Under: Weather

My question is what could be the changes the weather could have if these volcano's keep spitting ash miles into the sky ??  The Sun will not be able to warm the earth as normal and we would have a cooling effect, correct ??   I guess that would put a end to Gore's warming theory huh?? LOL.  It seems that a volcano is erupting or a earthquake is hitting every week or so indiffernt parts of the world, I look for changes in the weather due to this to this also,  any thoughts ???     Karen

1. Grandin says:

spellbound said:My question is what could be the changes the weather could have if these volcano's keep spitting ash miles into the sky ??  The Sun will not be able to warm the earth as normal and we would have a cooling effect, correct ??   I guess that would put a end to Gore's warming theory huh?? LOL.  It seems that a volcano is erupting or a earthquake is hitting every week or so indiffernt parts of the world, I look for changes in the weather due to this to this also,  any thoughts ???     Karen

I dont think the volcano that blew it's top in iceland will effect the weather in the states. But i think it will filter out the sun for most of the summer in eurpoe prolly the north half. And if something like that ever happened over here and messed up our air space and messed withthe temps. Nothing we could do about it. id dress warmer and go on with my day. By the way i didnt even no there was a volcano in iceland? that was pretty messed up.

2. FatherFrost says:

There are quite a few volcanoes in Iceland. One of them was the one that was a major cause of 'The Year Without A Summer'.

3. Flake Fan says:

There won't be much effect on the weather, but you should started to see a few extra colorful sunsets for a while until most of the ash gets mixed through back to the ground.

4. MSSouthernGirl says:

That's an interesting fact FatherFrost.  Karen I have been wondering the same thing. Like Grandin I figured that this eruption probably wouldn't cause any problems in the US but that it could cause problems in Europe. 

I've also thought about the fact that there have been so many earthquakes and other natural disasters in the world lately. Makes you wonder doesn't it? I'm concerned about hurricane season for the US. 

5. Blizzardlord says:

i think you are right mssoutherngirl about being concerned about the hurricane season. i've been told it could be a pretty bad one for the US this year

6. spellbound says:

But let's say that the big one in Iceland goes , they where talking about it this morning on GMA, and maybe one in the US .  All that ash has to cause some kind of cooling effect.  Maybe not the whole earth but it will have effects.  The earth seems to be coming into a change of sorts, it would make sense it has done it before, it's just none of us where there to see it.   I think that the weather will go crazy like it did this winter, some gets hit hard while others get nothing.   Makes you think though, that is one thing no one can protect themselves from, the earth itself.

7. davidpatternsh says:

Very big impack of volcanos.. on wheather…Because volcanos the one the Natural disaster in the workd due to our enviorment and our weathere specially effective.Our weathere suddenly change due to this …So we can say it is very harmful for all of us….

Alta White Teeth  

Nitro Force

8. snowbunny says:

Whenever I get lost in the woods, I hug a tree. I cant say that therefore,'I am a tree-hugger'…the orbital, oceanic, terrestria,l and atmospheric cycles of our planet – damn, our whole system- can have devastating effects on our lifestyles.

Though human nature propels us to speculate (“predict”)

seek control ( like the notorious yuppie soy crunching North American Tree Huggervariety, esp. those in current legislature),

it just leads to a lifestyle of living within a shell of  anxiety ridden, ulcer-prone digestive system, an over-medicated mind, and an overblown ego. 

Erupting volcanoes, devastating earthquakes and tsunamis,etc.  might actually be just what we all need to bring some humility to our

etho-centric 'humanitarian'  anthropomorphisizing trendsetters in our government and all who dare cry out “SAVE THE PLANET! THE END IS NEAR! WE HORRIBLE HUMAN BEINGS NEED TO BEND OVER BACKWARDS! LIVE IN FEAR! REPENT!” aghhh….Thankyou mother Earth. You bring us perspective…

9. Flake Fan says:

It's easy to feel that way, I did, for awhile. The planet is changing, but for volcanoes just be glad Yellowstone's incline of Activity in early 2009 is over. The planet will not vanish, but people will change very much. -And it seems their idea of a time of great change must be coming true. A vey strange thing for me to think about, but do not worry, I am not a 2012 paranoid freak. :) You can blame it all on the Science Channel, History, and Nat. Geo!

10. spellbound says:

I don't believe that 2012 stuff either, what wil happen will happen.  It's not like we could stop it anyhow.   Life is like the weather, you can't perdict it, you could try but nothing is a sure thing, it will do what it will do.  I think Mother nature will give us a intresting summer and year actually.  We will have to wait and see.

11. Nativedaughter says:

Here I been off awhile and thought I'd come back to see what was going on and to see about tornadic weather  this spring and ya'll talking dooms day again!

That's why I left for awhile last winter… sigh

Yes.. I believe in God

BUT.. Tell me someting, The earth goes through heating and cooling correct?

We have had eruptions in the past that  sent us in a ice age .. correct?

There was life then …correct?..I'd hope cause we got here somehow!

The earth has hundred and thousand of earthquakes everyday yearly all over the world..Correct?

Many Volcanos have errupted since the Ice age.. Correct?

The Iceland Volcano has errupted in the past..every 80 yrs or so.. correct?

Mt St Helens HAS errupted..Blew that ash ALL over the USA and the world ..correct?

There has been earthquakes near and IN Yellowstone and there is everyday…. correct?

That erruption stated BY yellow stone and The University of Utah STATES that a MAJOR eruption

is not forcasted for atleast 1000 more years and that rise they were watching has slowed down, waaay down.

NOW, before ya'll get to revelations about the trupet sounding and it has to do with a meator inpact,

Don't they dig them up  already for $ in the west USA dessert?..meaning we have those and have had them .

12. MSSouthernGirl says:

Everything progresses in cycles.  Life, the weather…everything. It has to do with balance, to a certain extent. That doesn't necessarily mean that we will see an ice age in our lifetimes (we have talked about that at length on other posts) but we will see more natural disasters. It is what it is.  Man has been trying to find all sorts of ways to cope with (live amicably with) nature since the beginning of human life. The more intelligent we have become as a species the more we have tried to use our knowledge to control. Someone told me a long time ago “trying to control is actually a loss of control”.  I agree with that statement. 

Good to see you NativeDaughter. You have been missed.

13. spellbound says:

All I asked was thoughts on the effect of ash from Valcanos, there is getting bent about God and stuff is a little much, I wasn't looking for the meaning of life , and the 7 signs.  sorry I even posted.

14. TheMaineMan says:

The weather effects of this eruption will likely be a cooler late summer, autumn, and possibly winter over northern Europe and Asia. The only way it would have a significant impact on us is if the eruption intensifies or another eruption complements it to have a compounding radiation-blocking effect.

At this point, economic impacts look much more severe than weather impacts as the northern European economy is taking a hit due to travel problems from the ash cloud. Health concerns are more prevalent as well.

In regions away from the volcano, the ash could have a warming effect due to a lower density allowing radiation to come in but not get out. Basically the same effect that Al Gore and Michael Mann keep warning us about…except this would be real and it would be TEMPORARY as the extra heat would leave once the vapors subside.

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in ยป