Light snow possible Tuesday night

Posted By: TheMaineMan  Posted On: Apr 26th, 2010  Filed Under: Weather

Looks like there will be snow in the air, and possibly a little bit on the ground Tuesday night into Wednesday morning. If it materializes, it will likely be the last snow until October or November, as early May looks too warm to reach my monthly average of 0.2 inches.

Ironically, April 28 was the warmest day of the year in 2009 at 89 degrees, and January 16 (-25 in 2009) reached 51 this year.

1. Grandin says:

TheMaineMan said:

Looks like there will be snow in the air, and possibly a little bit on the ground Tuesday night into Wednesday morning. If it materializes, it will likely be the last snow until October or November, as early May looks too warm to reach my monthly average of 0.2 inches.

Ironically, April 28 was the warmest day of the year in 2009 at 89 degrees, and January 16 (-25 in 2009) reached 51 this year.

Dand man u still getting snow? When does the last flakes fly in your area till next winter again? last snow around here was back in mid march. it's nice days but coolish these noth winds from canada are still cold but i no the heat is coming im stoked.

2. TheMaineMan says:

Usually the last flakes fly in early or mid-April, but I guess this is winter's way of trying to make up for a really lousy February and March. Flakes have flown in mid-May before.

It now looks like there will be no accumulation, just snowfall. Then 70s on Sunday, haha. Gotta love April / early May.

3. Grandin says:

TheMaineMan said:

Usually the last flakes fly in early or mid-April, but I guess this is winter's way of trying to make up for a really lousy February and March. Flakes have flown in mid-May before.

It now looks like there will be no accumulation, just snowfall. Then 70s on Sunday, haha. Gotta love April / early May.

oh wow thats cool than. I never seen it snow in april around here i might have though im not sure my memory is crap. But indeed it will be 75 here thursday and then in the 70's and low 70's around here. better than the 50's we been haven for 2 weeks so far..

P.S. how's yer collar bone doing??

4. TheMaineMan says:

My collarbone is getting better, thanks for asking. Laughing The bone is back together, and I can use my arm for basic activities, but it will be a few more weeks before I'm allowed to lift heavy objects or throw a ball with it.

Snow is looking less and less hopeful here… midnight and it's still 40 degrees. Northern Vermont has gotten 3-12, yes 12 inches of snow. I'm sure it will melt very quickly once the sun comes back out. I'd like to at least see snowflakes in the air tomorrow morning…I'll be up early…but I probably won't see snow accumulation until November at the earliest. Trees are turning green now and warmer temperatures are welcome with me… 50-70 is good with me this time of year anything warmer can wait until summer in my book.

5. TheMaineMan says:

Low was 32 this morning. It is currently 35 with a forecast high of 39. However, it is mostly raining. Every so often I look out the window and see a few huge flakes coming down, but there is no accumulation here.

Looks like I'll have to wait until November. Oh well, at least it accumulated a week and a half ago. :)

6. snowbunny says:

I have to admit I got a bit excited about the forecast as well, but I guess only altitudes like Moxie got the snow… my seedlings are grateful for it anyway. I was worried for them-didnt have time last night to bring them in—demo on a 50yr old drop ceiling in the kitchen……ich! its enough for Monk to have a total breakdown- but then our contract was posponed bc of the heavy rains—ancient fiberglass and 'debris' (no matter how many times my husband and I have done prep for clients,  hanging new sheetrock and insulation,etc.  it always sucks when you have the crap raining down on ya- and theres no $$$ in it for us, of course, as homeowners…   yea… why am I complaining…? at least we're not doing demo on a beautiful day when all I would want to do is putter in the flower beds..

7. TheMaineMan says:

snowbunny, did you see any flakes in the air, or are you getting all rain?

8. snowbunny says:

Nothing but rain here, its bout 45 degrees…i looked at the forecast and it doesnt look like it'll drop enough for snow tonight…

9. RumneyNH says:

We had off and on snow all day today.  At one point it did start accumulating around the house but ended up melting quickly.  We are at about 640ft elevation.  The hills across the road from us are all covered with snow.  They range from 1,100 to 1,400 feet.

It will probably all be gone by tomorrow night though – low 50s and heading towards 70s for the weekend.

10. snowbunny says:

I was in Skowhegan all morning, and there seemed to be only one consistency in the weather:WIND. Over a time of just 20 minutes, it was cloudy and sleeting, sunny and hailing, sun and flurries, cloudy and rain, then nothing but deceiving sunshine and wind wind wind.

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in ยป