Lazy summer days…

Posted By: Flake Fan  Posted On: May 27th, 2010  Filed Under: Weather

It's now nearly summer, it warm, the days are long, and everything is bright and green and full of life. What is your favorite part of summer? There must be some things I am not remembering. There's going to the pool, smoothies, sitting in a tree, eating on the porch, a vacation, what else is there?

1. Grandin says:

Cool picture flake fan. i got some summertime things to do. u can go fishing ' I LOVE FISHING', cook outs with the family, have partys in the back yard with friends and family, go to theme parks allday ride all the rides get drunk in the beer garden lmao,tan while you work 'if u work outside like i do'.. But fishing on the boat form 5am till about 2pm is the best thing in the world to do in the summer i think..

2. TheMaineMan says:

I'm with Dan on fishing… I just like to be outside and enjoy the insanely long days. Hiking, picking blueberries (in July/August), growing food, playing some random games with friends/family like wiffleball or h-o-r-s-e, swimming during the heat waves, exercising on the cooler days, and of course enjoying thunderstorms when they come!

Dan my favorite times to fish are first thing in the morning and right before nightfall. I like the quiet peace of a cool, crisp summer morning (nothing but the songbirds are making noise) and then the chitter-chatter of frogs, crickets, nightbirds, and the fluttering of bats at dusk. When it comes to catching fish I always seem to have the best luck at dusk…I mostly catch largemouth bass. However, October has always been my favorite month to fish, and during October I can fish in the middle of the day.

3. Grandin says:

TheMaineMan said:

I'm with Dan on fishing… I just like to be outside and enjoy the insanely long days. Hiking, picking blueberries (in July/August), growing food, playing some random games with friends/family like wiffleball or h-o-r-s-e, swimming during the heat waves, exercising on the cooler days, and of course enjoying thunderstorms when they come!

Dan my favorite times to fish are first thing in the morning and right before nightfall. I like the quiet peace of a cool, crisp summer morning (nothing but the songbirds are making noise) and then the chitter-chatter of frogs, crickets, nightbirds, and the fluttering of bats at dusk. When it comes to catching fish I always seem to have the best luck at dusk…I mostly catch largemouth bass. However, October has always been my favorite month to fish, and during October I can fish in the middle of the day.

I'll for sure try to fish at dusk maineman. and in the morning before the sun comes up[ is so quiet and peaceful yes. i go to the lake and creeks and etc. and i hear bullfrogs alot as well and crickets.. For the first time this year i seen bats speak of it i was cooking out  eariler and about 8pm when the sun was going down i seen my first bat it was awsome. And i catch bass,trout,carp.. And in the middle of october is my best time of the year for me as well all the fish seem to be biten bait at that time of the year. On monday ill be out in the lake bout 30 maybe 35 miles out. i gotta go to deep waters to get the best fish in lake michigan ill try to remember to bring my camera and take picturesof my catch. Have a great memorial day weekend bro. and to all the rest of you happy weekend.

4. snowbunny says:

KAMIKAZE  hummingbirds vs. orioles in the garden-  and herons and bald eagles competing for fish.. (cormorants, go back to the bay) redneck fireworks displays- (bug zapper),  bats in a feeding frenzy, locust in bloom, little league games, being able to claim suntan lotion in your quote, butterflies and the way kids go bananas over picking every last 'fallow' (dandelion) and bringing it back to you as a bribe for extra icecream… ahh, yes…life is good.

5. MSSouthernGirl says:

Going to the beach, watching the barn swallows and feeding the hummingbirds, gardening and eating fresh vegetables and fruit, hearing the bullfrogs croaking at night, watching the fireflys light up the field across the street, thunderstorms and tracking hurricanes. Summer is also the best time for me to pick up inventory for my business.

6. Flake Fan says:

Do topsy turvy's work, my dad sent me this from his iPhone at his appartment:

I never buy anything if it's narrarated by that cheesy computer lady that did the snuggie commercial. They're all probably made by the same company anyway. Will this even work, because fresh, summer warmed tomatoes sure are great!

7. undercover921 says:

Flake Fan said:

Do topsy turvy's work, my dad sent me this from his iPhone at his appartment:

I never buy anything if it's narrarated by that cheesy computer lady that did the snuggie commercial. They're all probably made by the same company anyway. Will this even work, because fresh, summer warmed tomatoes sure are great!

I have heard mix reviews on this.

8. Grandin says:

Flakefan i heard them topsy turvy's are good my mom and dad have one. and i got one allso and it seems to be doing a good job.. Cool picture too.

9. Flake Fan says:

So far all the leaves have flipped upright and it is growing back up again. It kind of defeats the point, IMO. Laughing

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in ยป