Summer is here

Posted By: Grandin  Posted On: Jun 11th, 2010  Filed Under: Weather

Summer has arrived it is hot outside people. There was some good thunderstorms this morning then it got soupy really sticky and humid. right now the outside temp. is 87 but the feel like temp. is 96. I was in chicago eariler for the blackhawks ticker parade and even by the lake it was soupy. with no relif in sight till at least next wednesday. tonight temp will be 75 degrees. good camping weather. anyways i dont have no pics for u think time as proof but you will have to take my word for it. Have a good weekend all.

Dan

1. TheMaineMan says:

I hope you're enjoying the heat Dan. It's been more spring-like than summer-like here, but that's fine by me. I still think June will be a hot month, even though we had patchy frost last week (and a warning was never issued!)

2. Grandin says:

TheMaineMan said:I hope you're enjoying the heat Dan. It's been more spring-like than summer-like here, but that's fine by me. I still think June will be a hot month, even though we had patchy frost last week (and a warning was never issued!)

Sorry im late on replying maineman i didnt catch the reply. And yes im enjoyin the heat i love it. We have a huge thunderstrom last night where i am camping. And i heard the town i live in got prery messed up too by high winds kicking up to 100 + and lots if lighting and thunder rains really heavy. go figures right! when im not there we get cliped heh.  And holy moly u had frost up there still in patchy places dang dude. And hahahaha ya. yuh think they would issuse a warning or watch. if i was at the switchboard and possiible frost id for sure get u all out a warning. anyways take care maineman i hope your all healed up now or pretty close at least..

Dan

3. TheMaineMan says:

Yes I am all healed up, just in time for summer! I had a great summer day today… lots of swimming, ice cream, and I harvested a lot of spinach from my garden. It hit 83 degrees today. The sun didn't go down until 9:05 pm… very long days in June but it makes up for our very short winter days when the sun sets at 4:00 pm, lol. I went fishing yesterday and stayed out until 9:15 and it was so nice.

I'm glad you enjoyed your thunderstorm… yeah they always seem to be more intense when its hot and humid out. We have a chance of scattered thunderstorms tomorrow, so it will be nice if we have one but not if I'm trying to swim again, lol.

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in ยป