La Nina Winter, Hot Summer, for the eastern us

Posted By: wjp2011111  Posted On: Jun 23rd, 2010  Filed Under: Weather

Looks Like the La Nina will Be at least in the Moderate range by September, and the winter should very much reflect a La Nina Pattern, with A Cold Western and Upper Central US, and a well defined SE ridge. The more Hurricanes that Hit the US, history shows, the warmer the eastern us winter will be.  as for the remainder of the summer, looks like HOT HOT HOT.  Tropical activity, and MAYBE………The encore of Hurricane Katrina for New Orleans…..Looks like they're in trouble if you ask Me :(

Cheers

Phil :)

1. wjp2011111 says:

For Ohio, it looks like the winter 2 years from now, will be record breaking by all meansLaughing.  This winter, I'd have to go with 80% of avg snowfall, with temps running a bit above average…. I hope I'm wrong, as ohio was stuck in a snow shaft this past winter.

2. TheMaineMan says:

Hey Phil are you going to issue an Autumn outllook next month (temps and precipitation) or do you usually skip Autumn (September October November)?

3. jonathan_1867 says:

Hi Mainman looks like winter will be diffrent for us here in the northeast then last winter hope it's going to be a snowy one lol :)

4. spellbound says:

What does this mean for southwestern Pa ???  

5. wjp2011111 says:

Latest ENSO updates are in.  NOTE: I have Marked These Maps, The FIRST one outlining the PDO/AMO/IOD, The SECOND one Outlining my predictions of where the coldest anomalies will be in time.

ENSO1.jpg

ENSO2.jpg

6. undercover921 says:

Wow,,,  still alot of back and forth here… Laughing

7. PlowmanOhio81 says:

WJP, your killin me man… :-p As the “old guys” say, I want it to be cold and snowy like it was back in the 1960's from November til March. Tell me the “mini ice age” will be rolling around soon… ?? LOL

8. TheMaineMan says:

I wasn't alive in the 1960s, but looking back at the records, I wouldn't mind a repeat of 1968-1969, when we had our greatest average snow cover of 89 inches.

9. Flake Fan says:

I would prefer the 70's and 80's, those years we set our records for coldest all time temperatures and a good 4-6″ once every 7-10 days was common. (That's a lot when you don't live near a lake or on a mountain)

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in ยป