Temporary cooldown for mid-west and northeast

Posted By: TheMaineMan  Posted On: Jun 26th, 2010  Filed Under: Weather

This weekend, the mid-west and northeast will experience a transition in the summer pattern as the jet stream ricochets yet again, which will create a surge of heat in the west but a trough of cool air in the mid-west and northeast. Temperatures will be 5-10 degrees below normal, with some rain possible.

This looks temporary though, and hot weather could return by the 4th of July and then stick around. Good news for heat-lovers like Dan because it looks like the next surge will be even hotter than the last one. :)

1. Grandin says:

TheMaineMan said:

This weekend, the mid-west and northeast will experience a transition in the summer pattern as the jet stream ricochets yet again, which will create a surge of heat in the west but a trough of cool air in the mid-west and northeast. Temperatures will be 5-10 degrees below normal, with some rain possible.

This looks temporary though, and hot weather could return by the 4th of July and then stick around. Good news for heat-lovers like Dan because it looks like the next surge will be even hotter than the last one. :)

Yea i was looking at that. after sunday it's gonna cool down for a week only 75 here on wednesday havent sen them readings in awhile. and heck ya bring it on i love the heat. Even more hotter then what we been getting i love it. Maineman i allso hear thet july and august will be kinda dry but then again stormy? Is this true???

Dan

2. TheMaineMan says:

I'm not sure… August could be wet if tropcial remnants come up north. They're usually nice because they bring rain without any of the damage.

We're about to end June about an inch below normal when it comes to rain. May was 3 inches below normal… it's been rather dry. I think fall will be wet, but the vast majority of plant growth will be done by then.

At least we seem to be breaking the trend of “too cool” summers. I don't want a scorcher personally, but I'm loving the average temps. Much nicer than last summer so far. :)

3. TheMaineMan says:

It's forecast to go into the upper 40s tonight and tomorrow night! Average low is 57.

4. FatherFrost says:

I prefer last summer when I could walk outside in July in long sleeves at night and not sweat! Lol. Tongue out

Oh and the cooldown is actually stetching all the way down to the SE. It's only suppose to be around 80 here with low humidity the next several days. IT FEELS GREAT! :)

5. TheMaineMan says:

Nice. :) Glad to hear you're getting at least a short break.

It was 45 when I woke up this morning. I almost put a long sleeve shirt on. ALMOST.

Not sure what the high was today, but it was cool and dry. It felt great. Supposed to be in the low 40s tonight.

I'm hoping to go hiking tomorrow. :)

6. Ohiobiss79 says:

Hey it is diffently cool here this week in Ohio. Last night it was in the upper 40's to lower 50's. The actual low last night was 49 degrees. and right now it is only 69 degrees. Which is fine with me. I am liking this cooler weather.

7. Flake Fan says:

Guess what? We need rain, yet we are finish June ~8″ above average. :) Luckily, the remnants of Hurricane Alex are getting pulled north and we should get rain, just with some bad timing. Seems like this precipitation is going to make the heat wait a little while, otherwise, it would be getting hot. It's hard to predict where tropical moisture tracks if it came from a storm.

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in ยป