Thoughts on first snowfall (just for fun)

Posted By: spellbound  Posted On: Jul 25th, 2010  Filed Under: Weather

I think the first snow fall in my area will be end of November.  Maybe a dusting.  I would love to see snow on Thanksgiving like when I was a kid, (70's) watching the Macy's parade with everyone dress in heavy coats and gloves with light snow coming down.  AHHHHH, sorry I'm too hot today, got to day dreaming there.  LOL

1. The Rickster says:

Our first snowfall here in SC, probably wouldn't come untill late January through early to mid Febuary. It would probably be a dusting. Good times though.

2. catsdabest says:

I live in Kentucky and I remember when it used to snow on Thanksgiving and Christmas we haven't have a white Christmas in 11 or so years. It was so fun to sit by the fire place and watch the fire burn why it was snow and the Christmas tree lit up it was great.

3. okie333 says:

catsdabest said:I live in Kentucky and I remember when it used to snow on Thanksgiving and Christmas we haven't have a white Christmas in 11 or so years. It was so fun to sit by the fire place and watch the fire burn why it was snow and the Christmas tree lit up it was great.

We here in Tulsa haven't had a white Christmas in… oh wait we had one last year, one of three in the past decade (versus only two or three during the entire 20th century).

I'm going to take a long shot and guess mid-November for the first substantial snowfall (1″+).

4. catsdabest says:

I hope it starts to snow in November. Last year in Kentucky We had a winter storm the weekend before Christmas and then Christmas it was like 45 degrees.

5. The Rickster says:

I think it was in the 60s 'round here this past Christmas. Its was rather comfy, especially for those who got outdoor toys, such as bicycles.

6. TheMaineMan says:

I think that my first dusting will come in late October and my first 1″ + in mid-November.

Last year on Christmas there was a small layer of slush on the ground… kind of pathetic since we're usually buried.

7. FatherFrost says:

First flurries late November. If I'm lucky, I could get a 2 incher in December with another flurry event or two. Assuming the early winter theory comes true.

8. Blizzardlord says:

im wishing my first snowfall wood be on my bday, but that will never happen, september

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in ยป