Global Cooling For The Next 30 Years??

Posted By: Grandin  Posted On: Jul 31st, 2010  Filed Under: Weather

I heard something about starting this winter it's gonna set up for a mojor pattern change for global cooling and it's suppose to last for 30 some odd years?? Is this true or is it chatter?? Maineman/WJP/FatherFrost/etc.. wanna chime in please.. Jeeze ill be in my late 60's by the time the global cooling ends well dang!! 'I'f it's true'

Dan

  1. catsdabest says:

    Grandin said:

    I heard something about starting this winter it's gonna set up for a mojor pattern change for global cooling and it's suppose to last for 30 some odd years?? Is this true or is it chatter?? Maineman/WJP/FatherFrost/etc.. wanna chime in please.. Jeeze ill be in my late 60's by the time the global cooling ends well dang!! 'I'f it's true'

    Dan


    I have heard this too; But honestly I'll believe i twhen I see it.

  2. weather411 says:

    It's very possible. If not likely. The PDO is going into the cool phase which like you mentioned will last about 30 years or more. All the drivers are there. The global temperatures by early next year could be their lowest since the mount pinatubo cooling back in the early 90's.

  3. Grandin says:

    catsdabest said:

    Grandin said:

    I heard something about starting this winter it's gonna set up for a mojor pattern change for global cooling and it's suppose to last for 30 some odd years?? Is this true or is it chatter?? Maineman/WJP/FatherFrost/etc.. wanna chime in please.. Jeeze ill be in my late 60's by the time the global cooling ends well dang!! 'I'f it's true'

    Dan


    I have heard this too; But honestly I'll believe i twhen I see it.


    Sounds Promisen BUT im with you ill believe it when i see it.

  4. Grandin says:

    weather411 said:It's very possible. If not likely. The PDO is going into the cool phase which like you mentioned will last about 30 years or more. All the drivers are there. The global temperatures by early next year could be their lowest since the mount pinatubo cooling back in the early 90's.


    I'll be prepaired for it Cool

  5. The Rickster says:

    Hopefully, it won't cool TOO abd and make it hard for farmers to grow crops and all that nice stuff. Last thing all of us need is inflation due to a mini-ice age. BUT, it will be interesting though! 20 years old, experianceing global cooling. Yay!

  6. Grandin says:

    The Rickster said:Hopefully, it won't cool TOO abd and make it hard for farmers to grow crops and all that nice stuff. Last thing all of us need is inflation due to a mini-ice age. BUT, it will be interesting though! 20 years old, experianceing global cooling. Yay!


    Wish i was 20 again lol. And it would blow if we went into a mini ice age again. id miss the heat but like u said it would be interestiing to experiance a global cooling event.

    Dan

  7. glennkoks says:

    There are a couple of long term ocean current patterns that many believe are starting to change.  These patterns appear to be cyclical and flip flop from warm to cold in roughly 30 to 40 years.  First the PDO or Pacific Decadal Oscillation is showing signs of cooling off now.  Then there is the AMO or Atlantic Multidecadal Oscillation which many believe will flip from warm to cold over the next decade or so.  The last time both of these ocean currents were in the cold pattern was in the seventies and the U.S. had some brutal winters.  It stands to reason that this could happen again.  Joe Bastardi from accuweather is a firm advocate of this theory.  You can check out his blog by googling Joe Bastardi blog and following the link.  I have my doubts but we will see.

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in ยป