Have I missed anything?

Posted By: Flake Fan  Posted On: Jul 31st, 2010  Filed Under: Weather

I just got back form vacation in Colorado at a place called Cascade Village, a little north of Durango Colorado, or down the road from Purgatory Ski Resort. It was really neat! The temperatures were in the upper 60's, low 70's and it got into the 40's every night, but every afternoon there would be a brief thunderstorm, and the sky turned the blues blue you have ever seen! I just got back tonight, and I was wondering if I have missed anything? The only thing different I notice is The Rickster is back!

1. Grandin says:

Flake Fan said:

I just got back form vacation in Colorado at a place called Cascade Village, a little north of Durango Colorado, or down the road from Purgatory Ski Resort. It was really neat! The temperatures were in the upper 60's, low 70's and it got into the 40's every night, but every afternoon there would be a brief thunderstorm, and the sky turned the blues blue you have ever seen! I just got back tonight, and I was wondering if I have missed anything? The only thing different I notice is The Rickster is back!

welcome back flake fan and nah u havent missed nothing important just a buzz on the up coming winter season alot of the country winter will be in on the cold and snows but the lower lake michigan citys will be blasted big time prolly. and go as nor' easters in the upper england states.. and yep rick made it back he is cool.. welcome back once again to u flake fan..

Dan

2. TheMaineMan says:

Sounds like a nice vacation… I've always wanted to visit that region. Mountains are known for their cool nights, even in the summer. I don't know if you've ever heard of Mount Washington in New Hampshire, but it can be 90 degrees at the base of the mountain and 40 degrees near the summit (not even two miles high) crazy weather up there, you go from short sleeves to wearing a heavy sweatshirt.

Dan summed it up well… lots of buzz about winter, some buzz about autumn, and debating when autumn will arrive.

3. The Rickster says:

Good to see you back Flake. That description, with the 40s at night and beautiful skies? THATS why I wanna live in the mountains!

4. Flake Fan says:

Yup! I've heard of Mt. Washington, and its not a place I want to visit! :) – The mountains were beautiful, but the snow was pretty dirty.

5. The Rickster says:

Gotta love the REALLY white snow. We had that this year in S.C..it was awesome.

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in ยป