Lastest finale winter prediction

Posted By: J.C  Posted On: Aug 25th, 2010  Filed Under: Weather

I predicte a moderate la nina wich will start really bad in the northwest by oct then from nov-march i see more snow and cold for midwest heavyier snow then pnw norheast less snow then avg but heavy still southeast i see more like ice there sothwest dryer mild texas or southern plain dryer and warmer then last winter but still snowy 

1. J.C says:

i met the pnw will see more terms of snow and cold nov-march

2. J.C says:

J.C said:I predicte a moderate la nina wich will start really bad in the northwest by oct then from nov-march i see more snow and cold for pnw for midwest heavyier snow then pnw norheast less snow then avg but heavy still southeast i see more like ice there sothwest dryer mild texas or southern plain dryer and warmer then last winter but still snowy 

3. winterlove says:

What do you see happening for the Ohio Valley?

4. J.C says:

slightly below temps it can have some flurries

5. nick117 says:

what do you think for Milwakee wi snowfall wise.

6. Grandin says:

Ohio will get more then flurries and it will be cold. and pnw will be cold and snowy just not as bad as once thought. the cold and snow will be centered over the lakes and midwest.

Dan

7. The Rickster says:

Looks like the South East will get SOME snow…and it'll be heavy when we do.

8. Grandin says:

The Rickster said:Looks like the South East will get SOME snow…and it'll be heavy when we do.

Right on Rick im glad you will be getting your snow and cold. Now when u get it and when it's a pain in the butt driven in or etc dont complain cuz u wanted this. And you and yer girly can snowball kids into the ground lol jp.

Dan

9. The Rickster says:

SHOOOOOOOOOT I drove too Greenville, SC from Gaston during our last snow event in March  of this year. Gaston is a small town on the south-west side of Columbia, SC. I drove in the snow at night becuase thats how bad I wanted to see it. Call me crazy..but it was AWESOME. Freakin' star-feild effect though. I hated that Yell I started during the day..but didn't get back untill that night. When I got back, it was dumping snow. I don't mind driveing in it. My little Mazda Protege from 1993 does well. The tires help though, as they are made for light snow.

I almost got stuck back when we had that 6 incher. It got its self out though. Shortly after, my mom told me that the tires needed to be replaced becuase of there being no tread. That made me feel really good…

I don't mind driveing in it though. I honestly enjoy it. As reckless as it is, I was on the dirtroad that is in front of my house at it's widest point, doing 180s in my Mazda when there was quite a few inches on the ground. I got it up to a few MPH, pulled that E-brake…and around it went. It was a BLAST. My car is my new sled Cool…Not really. Its WAY to expencive.

But don't worry Grandin…I know I asked for it. And I am eagerly waiting…..

10. Fatima30 says:

You're both right Rick and Grandin. And for Ohio Valley, I see above average snow for sure with brutalizing cold temperatures with blistering winds in the sunlight. One reason I think Ohio Valley will have snow, is because it's a valley. Where, even though valleys probably don't get snow like that, I think it's just gonna be so cold in that are, that the precip from the valley will form valley effect snow, I guess I could call it.

11. amy n says:

Fatima30,

I live in southeastern Connecticut (Redding, to be specific).  What do you see for our winter?  I have seen more spiders than usual, busy squirrels and turkeys, and a lot of frogs.  We have been in the middle of a drought all summer, it finally rained for the last 3 days straight.  Plus, it was nice and cool- a great precursor to fall!! I even had a fire going in the fireplace.  Now it is supposed to be sunny and getting hotter for the next week or so.  BLAH!!

I am giving you all of this information so that you can try to get an idea of what you think our winter will be like.  WJP already told me his prediction is not quite as cold as last year, but more snow.  We got no snow last year, only a few inches here and there.  And it was frigid.  So warmer temps. aren't so bad because it will still be cold, but what I really want to see is LOTS of snow!! 

I can't wait to hear from you!

Amy

12. Fatima30 says:

Sounds like a winter of extreme variable temps. overall, in southeastern connecticut it will be a fairly cold/snowy winter. When I was learning folklore, I learned how seeing a lot of frogs in summer is a sign of a cold/snowy winter. Get ready for a wild one to remember.

13. lynnbalderas says:

texas might get wetter and colder than normal weather during winter im using weather folklore for this educated  guess.check theodores white prediction.

14. amy n says:

Thanks, Fatima, you have given me something to look forward to!!

15. The Rickster says:

Its been foggy hear quite a few times. I'm not up when they clear but I have been up when the begin to take shape, as odd as that is. Its storming outside right now.

Noticed one of the tree's in our neighbor's yard is changeing colors and dropping leaves!

16. Fatima30 says:

You're welcome Amy. Lynnbalderas, I think those are my thoughts as well for the texas area.Smile

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in ยป