What Is YOUR Dream Storm Scenario this winter??

Posted By: wjp2011111  Posted On: Aug 26th, 2010  Filed Under: Weather

Fall is almost upon us, and I thought I'd ask……. What is your “Dream Storm Scenario” this winter?

For Me, I'd Like a 15 day Lake effect snow event beginning on christmas eve… lasting 15 days so I won't have to get up and go to work, then a deep freeze until april 1st (lol).  0 degrees farenheit and Below ONLY :D

What about you?

Dream never Die!

1. weather411 says:

okie333 said:

WOW!!! The NAM is sure hyping it up here. The problem is that this is an extremely long range forecast and I'm sure your not taking this to heart. I hope this verifys though! We had a blizzard last christmas eve and another one potentially this year? That would be something! It's funny because one of the locals on his blog had a forecast that he did for fun saying snow and 35 on christmas day for OKC. Interesting…

2. TheMaineMan says:

I'd like to see snow showers beginning in October, with perhaps a light trace on the ground in late October. I'd like to get 6-8 inches in November, 20-30 in December, 30 in January, 20 in February, 15 in March, and 6 more in April, with temperatures staying below 32 to prevent melting. Around 110 inches of snow is good with me… any more than that is too much shovel work.

3. okie333 says:

weather411 said:

okie333 said:

WOW!!! The NAM is sure hyping it up here. The problem is that this is an extremely long range forecast and I'm sure your not taking this to heart. I hope this verifys though! We had a blizzard last christmas eve and another one potentially this year? That would be something! It's funny because one of the locals on his blog had a forecast that he did for fun saying snow and 35 on christmas day for OKC. Interesting…

Uh, it says it's the 12-hour-in-advance forecast, and the NAM only goes out to 84 hours. Ever heard of Photoshop? ;)

Here's one that hasn't had the 'Shop applied to it:

4. wjp2011111 says:

weather411 said:

okie333 said:

I don't think I've ever laughed so hard while a member of the FA…. This is in GOOD heart and humor….funny stuff……figured, Deja-vu from last fall, in our “cold blast” fight, You never fail to entertain dude.

What would we do without ya! :D

5. weather411 says:

wjp2011111 said:

weather411 said:

okie333 said:

I don't think I've ever laughed so hard while a member of the FA…. This is in GOOD heart and humor….funny stuff……figured, Deja-vu from last fall, in our “cold blast” fight, You never fail to entertain dude.

huh? What do you mean lol. I guess I didn't pay attention to the details but still it's eye candy. And yes Okie333 I've heard of photoshop it's obvious I wasn't paying attention. oops. lol.

6. wjp2011111 says:

weather411 said:

wjp2011111 said:

weather411 said:

okie333 said:

huh? What do you mean lol. I guess I didn't pay attention to the details but still it's eye candy. And yes Okie333 I've heard of photoshop it's obvious I wasn't paying attention. oops. lol.

Its photoshopped, the nam is a 48hr model thats why I was LOLing

Remeber to pay attention!

7. weather411 says:

last time I checked the NAM went out to 84 hours :) I'll just assume it was a typo. lol.

8. wjp2011111 says:

weather411 said:last time I checked the NAM went out to 84 hours :) I'll just assume it was a typo. lol.

whoops, got the 8 and the 4 backwards  Embarassed

9. fender212 says:

lol you guys are all crazyLaughing here in chicago my dream storm for winter would be NOOOOOO!!!!!! snow. 

10. Flake Fan says:

A repeat of last winter without the January thaw. We would have nearly 50″ by the time march came, a blizzard, record breaking heavy snowfall rates, and snowflakes of 1-5″ all in one winter. That is dreamland! :)

11. Flake Fan says:

Of course, pile that into ONE snowstorm…:D

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in ยป