The Persimmons have spoken! (With Pictures)

Posted By: The Rickster  Posted On: Aug 29th, 2010  Filed Under: Weather

…Gotcha didn't I? Ha ha. But in all seriousness. I JUST got done extracting seeds from 7 Persimmons. I'll post up some photos in this thread for further proof, and interpretation, so check back soon!

1. Grandin says:

The Rickster said:…Gotcha didn't I? Ha ha. But in all seriousness. I JUST got done extracting seeds from 7 Persimmons. I'll post up some photos in this thread for further proof, and interpretation, so check back soon!

Dude u fooled me good i was about to see how many spoons u had haha

Dan

2. winterlove says:

Can any wall tell me what a persimmon looks like? I'd like to try this and see how many spoons I get.

3. Grandin says:

winterlove said:Can any wall tell me what a persimmon looks like? I'd like to try this and see how many spoons I get.

ill do ya one better winterlove ill show you what they look like.

Dan

4. The Rickster says:

Sorry about the joke Dan…my freinds don't call me “Rickster the Trickster” for nothing Tongue out I'm about to snap some photos real fast, as I am done cutting them open to expose the shapes. As I can say is…snow galore…

Oh one more thing…the seeds I cut don't look like that. They are smooth…and an odd color. Like..brownish-white. Or Tan even.

5. Grandin says:

The Rickster said:

Sorry about the joke Dan…my freinds don't call me “Rickster the Trickster” for nothing Tongue out I'm about to snap some photos real fast, as I am done cutting them open to expose the shapes. As I can say is…snow galore…

Oh one more thing…the seeds I cut don't look like that. They are smooth…and an odd color. Like..brownish-white. Or Tan even.

it's all good man jokes are fun. and sweet cant wait to see whats inside i hope u get spoons. and oh ok the ones in my pic were from last year around here they may be different in certain areas.

dan

6. The Rickster says:

And now folks, the moment we've all been waiting for…

I counted 20 spoons, 8 forks, and 8 knives. While I was cutting them open, my aunt asked me what I was doing, so, I told her. “I'm cutting persimmon seeds to see what shape is within' the seed. Spoon means snow, fork means warmth, and knife means cold.” And she replied, “Well which shape do you see more of out of the batch you cut?” “I said “Spoon.” And she said “Figured as much, with how hot this Summer has been.

But anyway, here is the pictured results. And again, I see 20 spoons, 8 knives, and 8 forks. What do y'all see??

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h9/rick_AFC/Snow%20of%202010/IMG_20100829_185658.jpg

7. Grandin says:

The Rickster said:

And now folks, the moment we've all been waiting for…

I counted 20 spoons, 8 forks, and 8 knives. While I was cutting them open, my aunt asked me what I was doing, so, I told her. “I'm cutting persimmon seeds to see what shape is within' the seed. Spoon means snow, fork means warmth, and knife means cold.” And she replied, “Well which shape do you see more of out of the batch you cut?” “I said “Spoon.” And she said “Figured as much, with how hot this Summer has been.

But anyway, here is the pictured results. And again, I see 20 spoons, 8 knives, and 8 forks. What do y'all see??

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h9/rick_AFC/Snow of 2010/IMG_20100829_185658.jpg

i see your winter will be cold and snowy!

Dan

8. J.C says:

I cut some persimmon today and saw 14 spoons 8 kinves 4 forks

9. winterlove says:

1. Rickster, where do you live?

2. I see all spoons and a few knives. But theres some I can't exactly distinguish but they look mostly like spoons, so I'll go with that.

10. The Rickster says:

Thats whats up J.C.! It would be cool if a thread was made specifically for the Persimmon theory, when it comes to weather. Like…I'de post up what I found, you post up what you found J.C., and ditto for everyone else.

11. The Rickster says:

winterlove said:

1. Rickster, where do you live?

2. I see all spoons and a few knives. But theres some I can't exactly distinguish but they look mostly like spoons, so I'll go with that.

I live in a small town called Gaston. Its in South Carolina.

12. winterlove says:

I live farther north, so hopefully persimmons will say the same thing as yours.

13. The Rickster says:

You'll never know. I'm not gonna say that these persimmons speak for the entire southeast, or mid-atlantic, OR the Ohio and surrounding areas. I'm keeping my thoughts local to be honest.

14. The Rickster says:

they are hard to make out. it sucks. best way to look at them is in person.

15. Weatherfan says:

To be wholeheartedly honest, I didn't see 8 forks in there (unless my eyesight's that bad lol Tongue out) I do, however, agree with ya that this is a very good sign for the upcoming winter, so I'm up for it! Smile

16. The Rickster says:

how many forks do you see weather fan?

17. Weatherfan says:

I can definitely see 2 of them in there, but if there are eight, I'll go ahead and agree with ya lol.  After all, you picked them, so you have to be right on that. XD

18. The Rickster says:

Well as long as there are more spoons and knives then forks, I'm happy!

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in ยป