How about the tropics?

Posted By: Mr. White  Posted On: Aug 30th, 2010  Filed Under: Weather

I know that “tropics” isnt a friendly word on here because when i hear tropics, i think of sun, sand, and blue water, which is good for a week or so in the summer, but to us winter fanatics, the word tropics is definitley an opponent of winter lol. enough rambling, anyways, everyone has to admit that this hurricane season is starting to explode. (just like some of you forecasted for this year and to the FA, dang good job on predicting the possibility of an east coast hurricane for this time period.) I feel that Earl will skirt the Eastern seaboard 50-75 miles out to sea with minimal impact. Thats just based on a compilation of all the forecasts and model runs i have watched. However, fiona looks like she could become more serious. I heard bastardi say that some suppose earl will “absorb” fiona, but then he went on to say that he is not buying it. Any thoughts and dang this heat that poked its ugly nose right back into my area. AHhhh nothing a little air conditioning and xbox live cant fix.

1. amy n says:

I just have to say, Mr. White, that I am laughing at the beginning statement of your post and reading to my husband because you just stated exactly what I am always thinking!  It is so good to be in a place where there are others like me.  I HATE the idea of going to the tropics for a vacation.  Heat?  YUCK!  Put me on a sandy beach where the wind is blowing, the waves are choppy, and the sky is gray.  When people say that they are going to Bermuda or Jamaica for a vacation, I think to myself, “Why?” 

I just wanted to say, it's so nice to know that I'm not the only one out there who lives for winter and snow, and that there are others like me! 

YEAH US!!!

Amy

2. weather411 says:

Earl could be serious for folks along the East coast. If you live from North Carollina through Massachussets be aware.

I will be honest and say don't worry about Fiona. Wind shear is likely going to destroy her especially once she catches up with Earl's outflow.

3. Flake Fan says:

The faster this next trough gets through, the more likely Earl is to stay out to sea, but forecasts keep trending it's pass through my area farther back in time, and while it gives me more rain, that would allow Earl to get closer to the coasts. Even if it doesn't landfall, outer areas could still easily see tropical storm conditions. The good thing about east coast storms is they move very fast!

4. snowlover says:

weather411 said:

Earl could be serious for folks along the East coast. If you live from North Carollina through Massachussets be aware.

I will be honest and say don't worry about Fiona. Wind shear is likely going to destroy her especially once she catches up with Earl's outflow.

Amy count me in also!  Whew this upper 90s is about to drive me INSANEYell!  I too look forward to getting some snow this winter.  I love the weatherlore on here, and I'm constanly looking for signs. :)  Earl has me a bit nervious.  I live near Richmond, VA.  I still  remember Isabel all too well.  Wish us luck!

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in ยป