Hottest day of the year so far – 94 degrees

Posted By: TheMaineMan  Posted On: Aug 31st, 2010  Filed Under: Weather

I feel like I'm cooking… tomorrow and Thursday's forecast is 91-96. Bar Harbor, ME almost hit the triple digits today.

My region has not hit 100 since the 1970s, so to come this close at the beginning of September is quite something.

Old record was 91 degrees, so yet ANOTHER broken high temperature record for 2010.

1. Grandin says:

TheMaineMan said:

I feel like I'm cooking… tomorrow and Thursday's forecast is 91-96. Bar Harbor, ME almost hit the triple digits today.

My region has not hit 100 since the 1970s, so to come this close at the beginning of September is quite something.

Old record was 91 degrees, so yet ANOTHER broken high temperature record for 2010.

Now u feel my pain maineman lol. it was 95 today here.. But the skys are getting cloudy fast and dark gray clous are coming in i think were gonna get a big storm after midnight they say in the early morning nothing like a clap of thunder to wake u up outta a dead sleep. and rain pounding the roof. but after the storms pass tomorrow and thursday it's gonna get sunny again but cool way down in the low 70's this labor day weekend goodtimes to cook out and get drunk. ii think the cold front will be in maine this weekend too man i hope u stay cool in the AC.

Dan

2. stuffradio says:

The hottest day we got was 95 or 96 this year. Our record is 105-107 I think.

3. fender212 says:

It was 96 or something here in Chicago and Im loving every minute of it Smile

4. The Rickster says:

It was 95 here today. Very warm, but not “back of the knee” hot like it has been over the past few weeks. I'll be glad when God hits a home run with the temps, knocking them outta veiw for a long time.

5. TheMaineMan says:

We hit 90+ five days in a row… which ties the record for longest heatwave in the state!

6. ayuud says:

WOW! and i thought my highest temp 89f was a heatwave Tongue out

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in ยป