Fall Weather Conditions/Fall Foliage PHOTO & DISCUSSION THREAD!

Posted By: FatherFrost  Posted On: Sep 20th, 2010  Filed Under: Weather

In order to save space on the forum lets all discuss our fall weather conditions, what the models are saying about cool downs/warm ups, precipitation (be it snow, ice, or rain), and fall foliage in our areas here! :) You can also post fall foliage pics here.

Down the street from me at the Heritage Museum there is a tree on the egde of the woods that has gone completely scarlet. IT'S BEAUTIFUL!

If I can find the camera I will have a pic up soon. If not I'll charge my phone up and try to get a pic of it. :)

Anyways, 70's for highs today. Lows tonight cool in the 50's. LR Forecast still hold to the idea of an early October cool down. So…we will see. ;)

1. FatherFrost says:

You can also go here, make an account, go to their Fall Foliage map and send in a Fall Color report for your county:

http://www.yankeefoliage.com/

:)

2. Grandin says:

FatherFrost said:

You can also go here, make an account, go to their Fall Foliage map and send in a Fall Color report for your county:

http://www.yankeefoliage.com/

:)

i seen that link u pasted i liek the website dude. ill for sure bookmark it and create a account soon i promise. and when i get some foliage pictures ill for sure post em up man..

Dan

3. Flake Fan says:

I've noticed a good deal of the younger or recently planted maples have quite a bit of color on them, and just this morning I saw some yellow appearing in the soy bean field near my house! My birch also has a few yellow leaves, but that may be because of the weather rather than the time of year.

4. stuffradio says:

There is a tree about 6 minutes away from my house that was dark dark red. I really like it :) But it's already lost most of its leaves :(

5. The Rickster says:

Leaves around here are changeing as well, in Gaston, SC. Its spotty though.

6. Grandin says:

Leaves on my tree in my yard arent full yet as in changed color but there spotty some leaves are a deep orange to yellow around town there spotty. geese were flying south today again but not in a v shape just in a line.

Dan

7. stuffradio says:

Grandin said:

Leaves on my tree in my yard arent full yet as in changed color but there spotty some leaves are a deep orange to yellow around town there spotty. geese were flying south today again but not in a v shape just in a line.

Dan

Canadian or just in general Geese?

8. justin27 says:

The weather has been pretty nice here in Ny upper 60's to mid 70's, very dry though upper 40's and mid 50's at nite the foliage in my area is around 40% lots of yellow, orange and red

9. Grandin says:

stuffradio said:

Grandin said:

Dan

Canadian or just in general Geese?

Most of the time i see Canadian geese but this time on that day it was just general geese going south in a straight line format.

Dan

10. TheMaineMan says:

Unfortunately I don't have access to a camera…. but I'm starting to see a good amount of color around here… mostly maples and the dwarf swamp trees, whatever those are called. One tree really started to drop leaves already… too bad because it was bright orange, which is my favorite fall color. :)

11. FatherFrost says:

Here are some pics for you all of some leaves changing and that scarlet tree (kinda hard to see from all of the under brush around it).

12. wjp2011111 says:

I'll take photos of my area tomorrow.  My leaf Pile is already 4 feet high!

13. FatherFrost says:

wjp2011111 said:

I'll take photos of my area tomorrow.  My leaf Pile is already 4 feet high!

According to a user on the AccuWeather forums I here the fall colors in the mountains are very ahead of schedule this year.

14. TheMaineMan says:

I'm starting to see a ton of color around here… according to the Almanac my “peak foliage season” is October 1 to October 8 so this makes sense. Not many leaves are falling off the trees yet. The color is somewhat bright… a little less so than average due to the dry summer, but I think the rainy September has helped somewhat. Makes driving around and going for walks very enjoyable.

15. Flake Fan says:

Here are some photos, but this is about all we have. Just some small trees with color and a few patches of color on a couple larger ones:

16. TheMaineMan says:

Wow… just like that the trees are exploding with color. Within a matter of days, foliage has gone from 20% to almost 40% or so.

17. FatherFrost says:

Same here. We are easily in the patchy category and if it keeps on like this we will very soon be in moderate/near peak.

18. Flake Fan says:

Even farther south where I live, almost every tree has some kind of color even though it is just a tiny bit for most. This cooler weather is really helping! For the trees that got spared by the hot summer, this could still be a very pretty autumn!

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in ยป