First 10 Days of October – Temperature Anomolies

Posted By: arkansasdolfan  Posted On: Oct 11th, 2010  Filed Under: Weather

You guys may not know this, but as a career, I produce a sports talk show for TV and radio. It is really fun, but one thing you notice about people is that they are horribly reactionary. Well this team lost so they must be terrible, or more apt would be 'the QB had three interceptions, he is a bum'! The point behind this story rolls forward to what I've been seeing around here. Well it has been warm for a couple of days, so October must be torching! Buckle your seat belts, because here comes the truth . . .

Just looking at the Southern Plains, that is even after the warm temps the past four days (and before we go back below for this week). It is called perspective, now you have it.

Look, everybody has an agenda on here and on any board (or when calling into a sports talk show), whether anybody realizes it or not. My agenda is to spell out a little dose of truth when I can (much like I did with my numbers of southern plains in strong Ninas). Please do not take this last comment as attacking anybody, because it is not meant to do that, because EVERYONE is guilty of this. Cool

Map is courtesy of ElTacoMan on Eastern.

1. 02mxzx136 says:

flip those anomolies for winter.every year we have a warm early fall usually translates to a cold winter. i believe fall of 07' was warm.3 things i'm sure of that will happen this winter :it will snow here,it will be cold,and it will get warm and we will have a thaw or 2.happens here every year.those are the only guarrantees for the winter around the upper gl's and midwest.

2. PlowmanOhio81 says:

With that being said… I hope it's a repeat of the winter of '07-'08. That season most of Ohio came out about 20-40″ ABOVE average snowfall. And I loved it!!! :-D

3. weather411 says:

Very interesting…. Where's this blowtorch again? :)) ;)

4. Grandin says:

arkansasdolfan said:

You guys may not know this, but as a career, I produce a sports talk show for TV and radio. It is really fun, but one thing you notice about people is that they are horribly reactionary. Well this team lost so they must be terrible, or more apt would be 'the QB had three interceptions, he is a bum'! The point behind this story rolls forward to what I've been seeing around here. Well it has been warm for a couple of days, so October must be torching! Buckle your seat belts, because here comes the truth . . .

Just looking at the Southern Plains, that is even after the warm temps the past four days (and before we go back below for this week). It is called perspective, now you have it.

Look, everybody has an agenda on here and on any board (or when calling into a sports talk show), whether anybody realizes it or not. My agenda is to spell out a little dose of truth when I can (much like I did with my numbers of southern plains in strong Ninas). Please do not take this last comment as attacking anybody, because it is not meant to do that, because EVERYONE is guilty of this. Cool

Map is courtesy of ElTacoMan on Eastern.

The QB thing sounds like the back up QB for the chicago bears yesterday we need jay cutler back. I hope he heals fast cause the seattle seahawks and the redskins are coming to town before the bye week. And as for the temps it is blow torch now but towards the end of the month around halloween and foward i see some pretty cold air from canada dumping into the united states. October is allways a warm month for the united states anyways. some may get lucky and get a cold spells for most of the month heh.. Where im at i didnt get so lucky been in the mid 80's for 3 days now but a cool down is coming tuesday night going into wednesday the cold front will push in and FINALLY get some rain that we need bad were i na drought and some much needed rain and cooler air is welcome. After this summer all the hot and humid im sick of the heat for now..

Dan

Dan

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in ยป