Aye, something wintery this way comes! Thoughts about November and December?

Posted By: FatherFrost  Posted On: Oct 13th, 2010  Filed Under: Weather

Overall, the consensus still seems to be for a rush of early Winter for the months of November and December in the central and eastern US.

I have asked Zack if his thoughts about November and December being colder and potentially active remain the same and he has informed me that his thoughts are the same.

I too, believe that November and December will see a more wintry regime in a large part of the nation. Winter appears that it will come in fast and it will come in hard. These months could be snowy for some and obviously the red flags go up for Ice Storms and stay up through winter.

Discuss away! What are your thoughts?

1. wjp2011111 says:

November looks very interesting, I like the overall setup…. the +AO will not take hold until sometime in DEC, so theres a good shot we see a few good blocking events.

The 40 day period from NOV 1st through DEC 10th should bring the best shot at “winter glory”… March looks interesting too IMHO.

2. TheMaineMan says:

If November can be anything like next week's current forecast, then the prospect for early snows looks great!

3. romanian says:

FatherFrost said:

Overall, the consensus still seems to be for a rush of early Winter for the months of November and December in the central and eastern US.

I have asked Zack if his thoughts about November and December being colder and potentially active remain the same and he has informed me that his thoughts are the same.

I too, believe that November and December will see a more wintry regime in a large part of the nation. Winter appears that it will come in fast and it will come in hard. These months could be snowy for some and obviously the red flags go up for Ice Storms and stay up through winter.

Will N.C be cold winterlong?

4. romanian says:

FatherFrost said:

What does it mean when leaves stay green in the fall and there is a large mast of  acorns?

What signs is this for winter to come?

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in ยป