Wolly worm alert

Posted By: spellbound  Posted On: Oct 16th, 2010  Filed Under: Weather

I saw my first wolly worm about 1/2 hour ago.  Solid BLACK  !!!!!!!!   YES !!!!!!  Ok , I know it might not mean a bad winter but one can hope it's right and it will be, maybe Mommy nature will pull a fast one.   Maybe. 

1. PlowmanOhio81 says:

Yeah, I have seen several this year. They've all been about 1/3 black, 1/3 orange, 1/3 black.

To answer your other question spellbound… I live in Mansfield, Ohio. I work for the Ohio Dept. of Transportation… so in the winter time SNOW = $$$   LOL  But I really do love winter the most of all seasons… just for the shear fact that the landscape is always changing with snow. :-D

2. spellbound says:

We own a landscaping company here in southwestern Pa, and we plow and deice in the winter we have 12 trucks,  so I know what you mean about the $$$$.  Last year was great and we got caught up on bills and stuff and now the summer sucked with too much heat and not enough water, if it is a reallly mlid winter we might sink.  A job that depends on the waether sorta sucks. LOL

3. PlowmanOhio81 says:

Yeah, but I think the next several years will be good business. Just need to ride out the bumps or park a few trucks maybe, no matter how harsh the winter is (unless you have family who will operate for free and give a share later once things are figured out). A big thing that has opened a door in my area is leaf pickup. The city vowed to stop picking up leaves, so there's a few “businesses” picking up leaves for like $40 per pickup. If I had the time and the money I would be all over that in a heartbeat!!! Especially if you have the land to dump the leaves, and in a few years sell them for compost. :-D

4. spellbound says:

Yeah we do leaf removal and fall cleans.  We are full scale from ponds, waterfalls, to grass cutting  to snow. 

5. Grandin says:

spellbound said:Yeah we do leaf removal and fall cleans.  We are full scale from ponds, waterfalls, to grass cutting  to snow. 

Kinda sound like what my business does. But i expaned and added some services as of january 1st 2010. im tryign to open more businesses all over the united states and some of canada.

Dan

6. spellbound says:

bad summer for grass, too hot and not enough rain.   We didn't get half the cuts we should have. 

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in ยป