Winter 2011-2012 PRELIMINARY OUTLOOK

Posted By: weather411  Posted On: Oct 23rd, 2010  Filed Under: Weather

yes I'm already posting my PRELIMINARY outlook for next winter. Next winter looks a lot clearer than this one. La Nina becomes weak to neutral so the ridge will not be influential next winter. I will repeat. This outlook is VERY VERY Preliminary. I will not go into detail as there is still much to look into. This is just what I expect anomaly wise.

1. Grandin says:

Zack,

You got a deep passion for weather man. To go out on a limb and precit the next winter season. And i as of right now agree 110 percent with this outlook map. The Much below should go more south just a notch to the kentucky/indiana boarder and it will be set.  I allways feel alot of the united states will fall into a big deep freeze next winter. spring/summer of 2011 for 80 percent of the country will be cooler and wetter than normal i think. expect the PNW it will be drier and hotter than normal. Kinda like a 2009 spring/summer pattern all over again but for the wet and cool spots it will be alot wetter and cooler than 2009..

Dan

2. weather411 says:

Grandin said:

Zack,

You got a deep passion for weather man. To go out on a limb and precit the next winter season. And i as of right now agree 110 percent with this outlook map. The Much below should go more south just a notch to the kentucky/indiana boarder and it will be set.  I allways feel alot of the united states will fall into a big deep freeze next winter. spring/summer of 2011 for 80 percent of the country will be cooler and wetter than normal i think. expect the PNW it will be drier and hotter than normal. Kinda like a 2009 spring/summer pattern all over again but for the wet and cool spots it will be alot wetter and cooler than 2009..

Dan

Yeah next summer won't be anything like this past one.

3. 02mxzx136 says:

does the entire year of 2011 look to be much cooler than 2010?i work in a paper converting mill and it was stupid hot inside my work this year.hopefully summer of 2011 will be like summer of 2009.that summer from may 1st to sept 30th we only had 18 days at or above 83 degrees.during that same time frame there were 109 days that were at or below 77 degrees.thats what i call a cool summer.and 44 of those days were at 70 degrees or lower.

4. 02mxzx136 says:

just wanted to add that for may 1st thru sept 30th 2010 there were 45 days at 83 degrees or higher.too hot.only 68 degrees  at or below 77.

5. snowlover says:

Please don't think I'm stupid; but is this for precipitation or temperatures?  Please say temperatures.  :) 

6. 02mxzx136 says:

snowlover said:Please don't think I'm stupid; but is this for precipitation or temperatures?  Please say temperatures.  :) 

pretty sure it's for temps

7. wjp2011111 says:

Hmmm, looks alot like the one I posted 6 weeks ago ;)

This may be a good sign in terms of our squabbling, next year the forum will rejoice in the Cold once again!

8. weather411 says:

snowlover said:Please don't think I'm stupid; but is this for precipitation or temperatures?  Please say temperatures.  :) 

It's temperatures… sorry I should've labled that on the map.

9. weather411 says:

wjp2011111 said:

Hmmm, looks alot like the one I posted 6 weeks ago ;)

This may be a good sign in terms of our squabbling, next year the forum will rejoice in the Cold once again!

hmm maybe you could show me the link so I can compare? I'm glad we are actually agreeing on things again. It's about time! lol ;)

10. wjp2011111 says:

Ya, sure.  Back on SEP3 :)

http://www.farmersalmanac.com/…..o-serious/

My forecast goes by intervals of 1C, so the blue is actually VERY cold!

11. weather411 says:

wjp2011111 said:

wow our maps are quite identical. Thanks for the link Phil.

12. wjp2011111 says:

weather411 said:

wjp2011111 said:

wow our maps are quite identical. Thanks for the link Phil.

No prob dude

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in ยป