Cat 3… my butt

Posted By: Maxceedo  Posted On: Oct 26th, 2010  Filed Under: Weather

yes so these so called cat 3 winds never really happend

i live in ohio right under lake erie and the only thing we got was a tornado warning but that didnt ever hit us

although it is drasticly colder whenem i gonna see some snow people

1. weather411 says:

They were referring to pressures not winds. MN set an all time record low pressure of 28.41″ which is equivalent of a low end category three hurricane. This was a very impressive system, not a bust in my opinion.

2. 02mxzx136 says:

weather411 said:

They were referring to pressures not winds. MN set an all time record low pressure of 28.41″ which is equivalent of a low end category three hurricane. This was a very impressive system, not a bust in my opinion.

bigfork, minnesota actually got down to 28.20″ at 4:13p.m cdt.the only other non tropical/noreaster storm that recorded a low pressure was the storm of jan of 78' which recorded a pressure of 28.05″ over lake erie.wisconsin also set a state record in superior,wi of 28.38″ i live in northeast wisc and it has been very windy at times over the last 24 hours.the satelitte image of this storm was and is very impressive too.wish this storm had dipped a little further south,say 300 miles or so,and then it would have been really interesting.

3. GummyWorm says:

Complete opposite of what we got here in Dayton. We had tornado sirens going off all around the surrounding cities like crazy. My husband works on a big base here and they were basically told to seek shelter because of the storm, too. But it was nothing compared to Ike's remnants 2 years ago.

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in ยป