Wind Storm DUD!

Posted By: Grandin  Posted On: Oct 26th, 2010  Filed Under: Weather

Man this so called wind storm just killed my mojo!! I was hearing how bad it would be and how it was the worst storm of the century PLEASE! Early this morning we had a torando watch than a warning then the sierns went off got the family in the cellar. And waitted like uh ok there's no torando so i went out alone to make sure the coast was clear and there was no torando the 911 center here set off the sierns for no reason scaren my family like that. Then after that the winds so far peaked ONLY at 55 knots! whats up with that? As in 20 to 40 knot winds and gusted up to 55 knots. What happened to this BIG storm that the weather channel over hyped and the local news and radio stations over hyped. I was ready to go into combat mode and defend my house and whats mine from looters! The wind storm we got right now we have often in the fall no biggie to me. Here i was bragging all yesterday tothe form and how proud i was that we were gonna get a real nice storm and BAM another dissipointment from mother nature oh well..

Dan

1. nick117 says:

That sucks I had a peak wind gust of 68mph. I heard that we might get a break from the wind tonight and then the “BIG” winds come tommorow. Dont give up hope!!!

2. Flake Fan says:

Did you read the high wind warnings? Most said sustained winds of 25-35 MPH with gusts of 55mph occasionally going over 60mph in some areas. The HWW may cover a large area of land, but they're all marginal. Any severe gusts with the storms would just need to be going a few mph faster than the winds behind the front to be severe. The only thing that wasn't over hyped was that International Falls just said the US land lowest pressure record, getting down to 957mb!!!

3. Jayne1954 says:

We here in the panhandle of WV was issued a tornado watch till 3 am.. Severe thunderstorms possible with torrential rains and wind advisory of wind gusts up to 50 mph  from 8 pm to 4 am. I sure hope all this passes us by. I mean i wouldn't mind some rain showers but not what they say could happen.

4. Grandin says:

Jayne1954 said:We here in the panhandle of WV was issued a tornado watch till 3 am.. Severe thunderstorms possible with torrential rains and wind advisory of wind gusts up to 50 mph  from 8 pm to 4 am. I sure hope all this passes us by. I mean i wouldn't mind some rain showers but not what they say could happen.

You will get the rains and windy but i dont think you will get the torandoes Jayne. But whatever the case is u saty safe and keep us all posted on the weather and how you are doing!

Flakefan i didnt read the warnings closely no i just went by the weatherman and weather woman on the news and the chicago talk radio how it was gonna be so cool the storm will be like the dust bowl effect etc etc. I bought into yes i feel let down and dissapointed BUT the fall/winter season is still very young maybe next time ya know? And ya International Falls up in MN got it big time i hear. I hope everyone up there is ok and they will recover.

Dan

5. 02mxzx136 says:

wisconsin also set a new state record for pressure at 28.38″ here in my area there were gusts from 50 up to 65 mph.in terms of wind and pressure this has been one hell of a storm.

6. glennkoks says:

I am rather suprised that with a pressure so low the winds were not stronger with this storm.  The highest gusts reported that I have been able to find is 81mph.  It aint over yet but it looks like the Great Lakes probably dodged a bullet.

7. Grandin says:

glennkoks said:I am rather suprised that with a pressure so low the winds were not stronger with this storm.  The highest gusts reported that I have been able to find is 81mph.  It aint over yet but it looks like the Great Lakes probably dodged a bullet.

Hey glennkoks,

We did dodge a bullet on the storm. BUT yesterday at 3:26pm i was outside and this HUGE FU^%$!@ GUST OF WIND CAME UPON ME and knocked out the power to alot of people. It was so sic dude i loved it. And yes i got a few MRE's laying around in my attic from my military days..

Dan

8. glennkoks says:

Keep those MRE's handy Dan the Man!  I think after this winter, there is a good chance winters will be getting worse and worse.  I don't think it was accidental that this storm was so powerful.

9. Grandin says:

glennkoks said:Keep those MRE's handy Dan the Man!  I think after this winter, there is a good chance winters will be getting worse and worse.  I don't think it was accidental that this storm was so powerful.

I will keep them handy for sure. and i agree after this winter and many more it will be down right cold in the winter and cool in the summers and wet. Earth's change faze is brewing. Gotta live with it and dress warmer till the cycle level's out.

Dan

10. snowlover says:

Last Wednesday Virginia had about 8 tornados .  One came through north Richmond and headed northeast.  No fatalities thank God, but lots of structual damage.  God loves Virginia! Innocent  Thankfully I live south of the city; tornados didn't look my way!

11. Grandin says:

snowlover said:Last Wednesday Virginia had about 8 tornados .  One came through north Richmond and headed northeast.  No fatalities thank God, but lots of structual damage.  God loves Virginia! Innocent  Thankfully I live south of the city; tornados didn't look my way!

sweet i wish i was there i wanted to see that. And yes thank your god for know deaths thats allways a must everyone safe.

Dan

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in ยป