BIG LOW FRI-SAT S. apps thru New England on WATCH

Posted By: cpickett  Posted On: Oct 28th, 2010  Filed Under: Weather

Most models have been picking up a big deep LP trough carving out in the Lower OHIO valley / SE and coming up the coast late next week.

latest euro looks coldest by far with temps cold enough for snow interior elevated areas of West virginia/ western virginia/ central PA/W. MD

won't get that much into track since the 0z and 12z models jumped several hundred miles ….so it is something that is increasingly on models radar around day 6-8….but of course most of the evolution and then details are yet do be determined …..hopefully the storm stays consistently on models for next 2-3 days then ……bammo….we can get a grip on it.

But the chance is there for elevated snowfall from carolina's  NE thru New englad……or could be nothin at all.   should be fun to watch evolve. strongest la nina on record entering november = anything could happen.

1. weather411 says:

cpickett said:

Most models have been picking up a big deep LP trough carving out in the Lower OHIO valley / SE and coming up the coast late next week.

latest euro looks coldest by far with temps cold enough for snow interior elevated areas of West virginia/ western virginia/ central PA/W. MD

won't get that much into track since the 0z and 12z models jumped several hundred miles ….so it is something that is increasingly on models radar around day 6-8….but of course most of the evolution and then details are yet do be determined …..hopefully the storm stays consistently on models for next 2-3 days then ……bammo….we can get a grip on it.

But the chance is there for elevated snowfall from carolina's  NE thru New englad……or could be nothin at all.   should be fun to watch evolve. strongest la nina on record entering november = anything could happen.

Yeah it has my attention as well. I would not pay too much attention to the GFS as it is having major feedback problems. The Euro seems to be handling the amplitude of this system quite well. My theory of a trough opening November is alive and well ;)

2. wjp2011111 says:

November is probably the best month for cold potential (relative to avg of course).

3. PlowmanOhio81 says:

The cold air is definitely staying to the western half of the US… we get a 2 day cold snap and it rebounds. Dang weather!!! When did you guys say the cold air was going to shift to the east?? But they finally did include a chance of rain/snow tonight for Ohio. Lake enhanced of course… but it's a chance of snow nonetheless. :-D

4. adogg30 says:

wjp2011111 said:November is probably the best month for cold potential (relative to avg of course).

I know its too early to ask but when do you see nw ohio getting its first accumalation of snow. And will we have snow for thanxgiving . 

5. adogg30 says:

wjp2011111 said:November is probably the best month for cold potential (relative to avg of course).

I know its too early to ask but when do you see nw ohio getting its first accumalation of snow. And will we have snow for thanxgiving . 

6. wjp2011111 says:

adogg30 said:

You'll see your first flakes before thankgiving :D

7. spellbound says:

WJP,  snow or accumalation of snow ????  I hoping the latter.  Though I'm ALWAYS wishing for the inches and inches and inches of SNOW!!!!!!!   LOL.  Sorry to much coffee this morning.

8. PlowmanOhio81 says:

I noticed for the Ohio and surrounding states that the EURO and GFS are almost identical on this system right now as of 6z GFS and 0z EURO. Looks to move in Wednesday night/Thursday morning… turning on the Lake Effect snow machine through Friday, keeping highs in the mid 30's and low's in the mid 20's. Only a dusting to 1″ for my area, but maybe 1″-3″ for Ohio snowbelt… and 2″-4″ for Michigan snowbelt?? :-D YEEEEEEEEHAW!!!

9. spellbound says:

Plowman how about my area ?? Southeast of Pittsburgh?? We get lake effect also. Could we see something??

10. PlowmanOhio81 says:

I'm basing this off of the GFS precip totals… Definitely some snow showers. If anything does amount it looks like less than .5″ for your area Spellbound…

11. Ohiobiss79 says:

PlowmanOhio81 said:I noticed for the Ohio and surrounding states that the EURO and GFS are almost identical on this system right now as of 6z GFS and 0z EURO. Looks to move in Wednesday night/Thursday morning… turning on the Lake Effect snow machine through Friday, keeping highs in the mid 30's and low's in the mid 20's. Only a dusting to 1″ for my area, but maybe 1″-3″ for Ohio snowbelt… and 2″-4″ for Michigan snowbelt?? :-D YEEEEEEEEHAW!!!

So PlowmanOhio – Do you think I will see some snow here in Akron. I am sick of this weather. a couple of day's cold then it snaps back up to 50-60 degree weather. I want the cold to come and stay. So if you think we will get some snow how much do you think we will actually see?

Hopeful in Akron,

Stephanie

12. PlowmanOhio81 says:

You guys are always in the snowbelt Stephanie… no matter whether it's a Clipper or a Nor'Easter, you get lake effect. The models are all gradually changing to colder air as everybody has been saying. I'm just translating what I'm reading on the computer models. But it's ALWAYS changing because nothing knows what the next step is. Like I said in another thread… the computer models haven't learned this type of scenario. LOL

13. PlowmanOhio81 says:

Ok, so now I'm getting a lil more pumped about this system coming for us… It's going to be an interesting one for sure. Check out the links. I wanna hear some input on these maps. :-D

http://proa.accuweather.com/gr…..251244.png

http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca…..12_132.jpg

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in ยป