wjp / FatherFrost / weather411 / okie / anyone else your opinion?

Posted By: TheMaineMan  Posted On: Dec 5th, 2010  Filed Under: Weather

Hey all,

How do you think I am looking for potential snowfall tomorrow, and potential temperatures this coming week?

My local mets put out a snow map for tomorrow… the northern part of the state 6-12 inches, mid and mountains 3-6, and I'm in the dusting to 2 inches bubble. But they also said that the storm track could be very unpredictable, and any shift could influence these amounts quite a bit.

They then forecast “arctic” air for the week, highs in the upper 20s and lows in the teens / near single digits a couple of nights.

What are your thoughts? At this point I'm ready to just expect the worst and then be pleasantly surprised if winter actually returns, LOL.

1. weather411 says:

TheMaineMan said:

Hey all,

How do you think I am looking for potential snowfall tomorrow, and potential temperatures this coming week?

My local mets put out a snow map for tomorrow… the northern part of the state 6-12 inches, mid and mountains 3-6, and I'm in the dusting to 2 inches bubble. But they also said that the storm track could be very unpredictable, and any shift could influence these amounts quite a bit.

They then forecast “arctic” air for the week, highs in the upper 20s and lows in the teens / near single digits a couple of nights.

What are your thoughts? At this point I'm ready to just expect the worst and then be pleasantly surprised if winter actually returns, LOL.

I don't know where you live exactly but I noticed that the NWS there put about 95% of Maine in a Winter Storm Warning lol.

As far as the Arctic air is concerned a nice polar connection has developed over much of the northeast( incl. Maine). With the AO and NAO still very negative I could easily see highs as they are predicted for your area if not lower. You're in for a good winter let me tell you.

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in ยป