Christmas SnowStorm For Virginia??

Posted By: Par16kr  Posted On: Dec 21st, 2010  Filed Under: Weather

Well, it seems as if this Christmas alot of people will be able to see a White Christmas, but for some people it seems uncertain. The last three snows we had here in Viriginia weren't really all that great, even though one of them we were in the category for 4-6″s and barely got an inch, that was very dissappointing for us here. Then the next one we just got an inch and then the next one we just saw flurries. So since i'm uncertain with most of this info i've been researching and hearing about for this weekends storm that could be a great amount of snow…What's it looking like for us here in Virginia? (i'm 20miles southeast of Richmond, Va) Up to what amounts could we be seeing to the least we could be seeing?? If someone could please give me some sort of feedback on this, that'd be great!! Thanks for taking the time to help!

1. fatima20 says:

SO IS HOPEWELL NEAR WAKEFIELD/SUFFOLK? i THINK WE HAVE A DECENT CHANCE FOR ACCUMULATION OUT OF THIS STORM. POSSIBLY 6-12 OR MORE! YOU HAVE TO REMEBER THIS STORM STARTS DUMPING SNOW FRIDAY NIGHT THROUGH SATURDAY NIGHT AND MAYBE EVEN INTO SUNDAY NIGHT AS THIS STORM MAY RE-DEVELOP OFF OF THE COAST, AND THEN COMES THE HEAVY STUFF, AS THIS STORM REFORMS INTO A COASTAL LOW, AND SLOWLY RUNS UP THE COAST INTO SUNDAY AFTERNOO, DUMPING NUMEROUS INCHES OF SNOW OF POSSIBLY AGAIN A FOOT OR MORE BUT NOT SURE YET. I'M SURE MANY PEOPLE WILL BE CHATTING WITH US ON THIS SITUATION.

2. snowlover says:

This upcoming storm has our local Mets stumpped for sure!  Now they're saying that it might start later on Sat., or it'll start on Sunday into Monday.  Or stay down South and miss us completely.  I guess we'll have to wait and see.  Interesting.  I live in Richmond.

3. Par16kr says:

It definately seems that way! The models are going crazy that's for sure, despite the European models, they've been pretty consistent and they have us getting hit pretty hard! I'm not too knowledgeable with this whole weather thing which is why i've been asking alot of questions. I would really like to see alot of snow for us here, it doesn't have to be a foot, but even 5″s would be nice!

If anyone has any other information on this major storm, please share it with us! Thanx

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in ยป