Seriously? Snow on Christmas night for SC…?

Posted By: The Rickster  Posted On: Dec 22nd, 2010  Filed Under: Weather

Yes. Wunderground mentions it. NOAA (of all people) mentions it. Accuweather (of all people) mentions it. All the local weather guys mention it. Weather.com mentions it for sunday with a high of 35 for my location.

What do y'all think of it?

If y'all got somes models to show, please do!

1. FatherFrost says:

It is POSSIBLE. This thing could give you some snow. Especially IF the moisture falls to the ground overnight.

Meanwhile, many of us from here in little ole Courtland, VA to Maine are monitoring this storm for a POTENTIAL blizzard.

Have to keep telling myself not to get excited because it could be a complete bust and we get nothing in the end. Lol.

2. The Rickster says:

No joke man. I watching this situation like its part of my religion. Best of luck to you too. This could be a nasty system.

3. snowlover says:

FatherFrost said:

It is POSSIBLE. This thing could give you some snow. Especially IF the moisture falls to the ground overnight.

Meanwhile, many of us from here in little ole Courtland, VA to Maine are monitoring this storm for a POTENTIAL blizzard.

Have to keep telling myself not to get excited because it could be a complete bust and we get nothing in the end. Lol.

I feel the same way FatherFrost!  I so what to get excited.  Our local Meterologist  (CBS 6) gives us 3 senarios.  Later I found the weather channel give several senarios.  Wow! 

4. GoNCSU says:

I am SO stoked! I am just south of Raleigh, NC and we are expected to get snow on Christmas day later in the afternoon. This would be our first official white christmas since 1947! Everything depends on how close this system tracks to the coast. Either way we are getting snow. But if the storm tracks close to the coastline like the Euro model predicts, areas from NC and north can look for a major snow event with 6+ inches of snow!!!! 

Merry Christmas!!!

5. fatima20 says:

Hey Fatherfrost, I know that we're supposed to get snow here in southeastern virginia as well. Is courtland in southeast virginia? I was wondering if we're going to see this blizzard too, because I know that southeast virginia is in the bullseye and is supposed to be one of the few selected locations expected to see heavy snow. We may have the same conditions pretty much, maybe worse than inland areas like courtland. So basically, If you're going to get a blizzard so are we. I'm so excited! are'nt you all?

6. FatherFrost says:

fatima20 said:

Hey Fatherfrost, I know that we're supposed to get snow here in southeastern virginia as well. Is courtland in southeast virginia? I was wondering if we're going to see this blizzard too, because I know that southeast virginia is in the bullseye and is supposed to be one of the few selected locations expected to see heavy snow. We may have the same conditions pretty much, maybe worse than inland areas like courtland. So basically, If you're going to get a blizzard so are we. I'm so excited! are'nt you all?

Yes. I'm sure if you live in Hampton Roads that you watch News Channel 3 and Wavy TV 10 and all that. So you've probably seen the city of Franklin on the map. We're about 10 minutes WNW of Franklin. The NWS is showing mixed precip. for you at the onset. All snow here the whole way through. I'm not excited JUST YET. BUT..if and I mean IF the models trend back to the coastal hugger idea I will be absolutely ecstatic!

And when I say “Blizzard” I mean a large snowstorm. To have actual “Blizzard conditions we will need a lot of snow and howling winds that blow the snow around causing total “white-out” conditions.

7. snowlover says:

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Dogggggggggy!!!!!!!!  (In my Jed Clampet voice:)

8. FatherFrost says:

snowlover said:Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Dogggggggggy!!!!!!!!  (In my Jed Clampet voice:)

Models looking downright bad right now. But I say wait until todays Euro runs and really by tomorrow evening everything will be set in stone and there will be no changing it..

I'm trying to remain optimistic BUT my hope for this one is waning…

9. The Rickster says:

local met said maybe three inches at most from this thing. but again, he dkid say that something could and probably will change.

10. trency911 says:

Don't know if you guys in the south are watching this closely or not, but we are getting closer to a decent snowstorm tomorrow.  Models are slowly trending back to the major winter storm the Euro had a couple of days ago.  Watch this closely someone from SC into NC could receive a foot or more of snow!

11. The Rickster says:

trency911 said:Don't know if you guys in the south are watching this closely or not, but we are getting closer to a decent snowstorm tomorrow.  Models are slowly trending back to the major winter storm the Euro had a couple of days ago.  Watch this closely someone from SC into NC could receive a foot or more of snow!

Works for me!!!! I do live in the midlands of SC. Just south of Columbia. Someone of Facebook had said that a computer model was trending back twords the fun scenerio. Cool beans yo! Any model images to share…???

12. snowlover says:

Congrats Guys.  As for me who lives in Richmond, VA; I'm so over this.  As you can see from my earlier post I was very excited!  My gut told me to wait a while; FatherFrost all but said “Don't get too excited yet”.  What did I do?  I got excited.  Then earlier on the 24th I awake to local Mets saying “dusting to an inch!  What In The World???????  Anyway, I guess I'll see what we get very soon.  Merry Christmas Guys!  Be safe r no matter what or how much we get. 

13. The Rickster says:

Well we now are under a Winter Storm Watch here for basically all of S.C. I woke up to find the notification on my Droid. Talk about finding the perfect present! They are now saying that 1-3 inches are possible from this storm. But I think it'll be more. Look at how large this thing is and it hasen't even gotten off the East Coast yet. What will it do when it gets off the S.C. coast…?

14. FatherFrost says:

The Rickster said:Well we now are under a Winter Storm Watch here for basically all of S.C. I woke up to find the notification on my Droid. Talk about finding the perfect present! They are now saying that 1-3 inches are possible from this storm. But I think it'll be more. Look at how large this thing is and it hasen't even gotten off the East Coast yet. What will it do when it gets off the S.C. coast…?

HM says 3-6 is possible down there. Up here in VA we could be looking at 6-12″+ with howling winds and large drifts with 1-2 feet over the SNE and New England. :)

Merry Christmas!

15. spellbound says:

We are not getting anying but lake effect so they say and no much of that .   I hope you all enjoy your snow, I'll be over here in self pity land.  LOL .  I hope all of you had a good Christmas. 

16. interstatelover716 says:

Well, I heard from weatherbug that we would get a total of 10-20″ with strong winds and blowing, drifting snow. feel bad for you there in “self pity land” spellbound. LOL

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in ยป