January forecasts

Posted By: TheMaineMan  Posted On: Dec 24th, 2010  Filed Under: Weather

With January now around the corner, what are people's thoughts about it in various regions?

I've seen some calls for an El-Nino like pattern which doesn't make much sense to me. Cooler in the south, warmer in the north. Lots of GLC storms?

I'm hoping my December snow doesn't melt!

1. Par16kr says:

I'm in Richmond, Va area…i'd really like to see snowfall around here more than just a dusting to an inch. Does it look like we will be seeing any in Jan or to come this winter? Also, what's GLC storms??

2. PlowmanOhio81 says:

Yeah, I've wondered the same. GFS throws our temps in Ohio into the 40's almost.. starting January 1st. LOL These computer models are so inaccurate this season, that I'm not quite sure who to believe anymore. I mean we have snow on the ground here in Ohio, but it's the same snow that fell 2 weeks ago. We have had no new accumulations whatsoever other than a few dustings.

3. dougout6789 says:

Par16kr said:I'm in Richmond, Va area…i'd really like to see snowfall around here more than just a dusting to an inch. Does it look like we will be seeing any in Jan or to come this winter? Also, what's GLC storms??

GLC storms are when the lows cut through the Great Lakes region Frown Which sucks for my location

4. dougout6789 says:

PlowmanOhio81 said:Yeah, I've wondered the same. GFS throws our temps in Ohio into the 40's almost.. starting January 1st. LOL These computer models are so inaccurate this season, that I'm not quite sure who to believe anymore. I mean we have snow on the ground here in Ohio, but it's the same snow that fell 2 weeks ago. We have had no new accumulations whatsoever other than a few dustings.

I know lol my local Mets in Toledo, Ohio are saying possible 50s with a lot of rain which sucks bad.  Lets melt the snow pack we have now and hopefully have good snowfalls from Middle of January to March.

5. PlowmanOhio81 says:

Well, I just checked the NWS Climate Predictions and for Ohio… Jan-April is EC with above normal precipitation. That's something positive to look forward to. Even so in January if it's predicted 5-10 degree's above normal, we'll still be safely within the freezing range. So let's get some snow falling. ASAP!!! LOL

I hope we don't get the rain that's forecasted… b/c that storm is forecasted to bring rain as far north as Minnesota… as far west as Nebraska… and everything from there going east = MASSIVE FLOODING. Not good at all for anybody, so let's hope it's a monumental snowstorm. LOL

6. TheMaineMan says:

The January 1 storm is looking like bad news for everybody east of the Mississippi River. :(

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in ยป