Welcome Back Everyone!

Posted By: snowlover  Posted On: Mar 7th, 2011  Filed Under: Weather

I sure missed everyone. I was beginning to feel as if we’d never be on here again;) Happy New Year! Well Virginia was a bust this season, at least Richmond was:( Hardly any snow at all. Well, I was hoping for one biggy; but after so much cold, I’m just looking forward to Spring now. Welcome Back my Weather Friends!

1. Farmers' Almanac Staff says:

Glad you’re back, snowlover!

2. PlowmanOhio81 says:

Welcome back to you snowlover!!! And thank you Staff!!! I was definitely missing the storm updates and stories!!! Unfortunately I think winter is winding down now… :( I’m not ready for it to warm up yet, but if it’s going to then let’s get goin on it!!! LOL

3. MSSouthernGirl says:

Hey Snowlover and Plowman!  Glad to see you guys made it back. I really missed all the snow reports from everyone this winter.

Plowman I remember that  you had been wanting more snow this winter than last year. How did it turn out for you?

It snowed down here every week in January. We had about 10 inches total so that was pretty neat. 

FA Admin thanks for bringing the forum back .

4. spellbound says:

Hi guys, I missed you all.  We got some good snows but nothing great, I am still holding out for a late BIG snow !!!  I hope. It would be nice to go out with a big bang this winter.  I hope all is well with everyone and a BIG thank you to the staff for getting this back up.  

5. PorcupineNight says:

Hello everyone!  I’m glad to see the forums back up….really missed it.  I”m with you spellbound, I just have a feeling that winter isn’t completely done with us yet.  We actually got real snow in Central TX…it didn’t last more than a day, but it was fun for that day anyway.  :)

6. snoopystar19 says:

Wow Im glad the Forum is back up I missed posting on here this winter :( But now for spring and the Thunderstorms :) Hey everyone welcome back :) I missed everyone :) It snowed here alot in December not alot of accumalation that month , Kind of snowy January Not to much in February .  I would of liked to have gotten a big snowstorm but it didn’t happen in my area . 
    Can’t wait  for it to warm up .

7. GoNCSU says:

Great to see the forum back up! It appears thus far that the Farmers Almanac was more accurate than NOAA and Accuweather this winter for NC :). December was quite snowy with a few flurry- 1inch events in January. February has been both cold and spring like. Actually starting to look forward to the warmth as I have yet to be able to use my new golf equipment I got for Christmas. I hope all the other regulars have not forgotten about the FA!

8. PlowmanOhio81 says:

MSSouthernGirl - We broke a lot of records this year, longest period of 1″ or more of snow on the ground (43 days) and one of the coldest on average. But it definitely didn’t make it as one of the snowiest. We struck out with many storm systems cruising to the north and bringing us rain at the beginning of the season and now at the end of the season. Now flooding is a huge problem… this rain has been relentless and if it doesn’t slow down I’m afraid the dam’s are going to reach capacity of overflow within the next week or two at the rate we’re going… if it doesn’t stop raining. I will honestly be suprised though if we don’t get one more wallop of a snow storm before the season closes out. But it was a decent season though with a lot of 1″-3″ snowfalls and just a couple storms of 4″+. When winter ends though, it needs to warm quick because I have 2 waverunners I’m dying to get on the water!!! :-)

9. Flake Fan says:

Hey, it’s finally up! :D I’ve been checking every now and then throughout the winter and giving up hope, but a few days ago they FA said the forum would be up any day now. And it is! :D And what a winter it has been for me! Everybody said we would be having very little snow, but from January through mid February, we were getting slammed by a 6″+ snowstorm every 7-10 days with only slight melting! And then of course it ended with that giant blizzard that even though it completely busted still managed to give me the most snow I have ever seen in my life. We’re now 35″ for the season, and the FA long range forecast and the LRC both say one last major winter storm for the year is possible, right around the same time too! O.o After that, I’ll be all ready for spring! Our crocuses are already starting to bloom!

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in »