summer outlook 2011

Posted By: Daisey042  Posted On: Jun 9th, 2011  Filed Under: Weather

I live in TN and it’s hot and starting a drought pattern. I was wanting peoples opinions on what will this summer have in store for us? It’s looking like we are in for another hot summer, but with questionable rainfall. Will we ever have normal summer temps. again? I’d like to know what everyone is thinking. Thanks.

1. wjp2011111 says:

Depends on how quickly the easterly shear of the upcoming -QBO is able ton descend. Its hard to get a cool summer with the +AMO dominating. Affected wavelengths from such changes may result in your rain coming in the form of Violent Thunderstorms in convective clusters

Rainfall is hard to predict because local thunderstorm activity sometimes create significant rainfall differentials over small spans of distance. So you could be in drought conditions while 5 miles to your north can be in a surplus.

hope that helps, just my personal viewpoint, not necessarily the correct answer :-)

2. The Rickster says:

What’s it looking like for Northern California? I now live in the Sacramento Valley, in a town called Nicolaus near Yuba City.

3. TheMaineMan says:

We’ve had some wild swings between heat waves and cool spells. 15-20 degrees above normal one week, then 15-20 degrees below normal the next week. Variety is the spice of life I guess!

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in ยป