Winter 2011/12 rough draft maps here! (updated)

Posted By: sonnysnow92  Posted On: Jul 26th, 2011  Filed Under: Weather

1. T John says:

Not as bad as I thought.  We had 2(3?) major snows (2010-2011;4+ inches~) in my part of east-TN and we were below norm. most of the season. I’ll take norm (which is high 30s to mid 40s) with a +/- a inch or two cause it won’t hang around if it does snow.

2. sonnysnow92 says:

Well I think the cold may even go farther south and may be quite a mess in your area. the maps I put up is just a rough draft my official forecast will be posted in the coming months.

3. T John says:

I’m figuring on one or two ‘bad’ events this year.  That’s why I’m planning now to “camp” in the van in the lot at work on the nights they predict the rough stuff.  

The chief problem in our area is TDOT and County Hwy are useless.

4. sonnysnow92 says:

ah yea same here. I know I have been hearing a lot about how bad it’s going to get this winter but guess we will just have to see.

5. smackdown says:

Looks good so far. I will say I-70 is usually a major divider when to comes 2 storm tracks. At least in the IL area. Seems like its happened that way for years. Anyone else have a view on this?

6. PlowmanOhio81 says:

I noticed too Smack… But for some reason, last winter Ohio had the dreaded bubble over us. Storms would track strongly right at us, within 200 miles… then either discipate or change track. Hopefully this season changes that for us!!! :)

7. Daisey042 says:

Looks like middle TN is in for another below average winter for a third year in a row. I read on a forum someone saying we were this three year pattern for weather and this was our last year for severe cold before returning to normal temps for any season. I’m definetly ready for average temps of any season. I’ve almost forgot what average feels like.  Bring on Fall. Is it too late to plant pumpkins? Have a good day. :)

8. sonnysnow92 says:

ye it’s to late to plant them.

9. adogg30 says:

Too some points I agree with Plowmanohio , but disagree with on some other points like for instance at : the end of January we got some pretty decent snow fall. and we got lots of snow in Feb.
    So in my opinion we had more than a decent winter last year then we have and past.

10. SnowSE says:

i am from south carolina and i was wondering, does anybody know what the winter will be like for us, the maps for us above say a ice storm threat, but thats about it. can anyone help me out please, i would really appreciate it.

11. sonnysnow92 says:

These are just rough draft maps but your area in South Carolina will see a mix bag of everything

12. SnowSE says:

what do you mean by that? i want snow a whole lot of snow, and a whole lot of ice, and very cold temperatures, do you think we will get that?

13. sonnysnow92 says:

What I mean is  you have got to give or take from my maps because this is just a 1st look at things the vary cold may be shifted way more south which I been hearing that ice storms will be found very well south and very big snow storms across the mid west and at times the south but my official winter maps will be out as soon as I feel safe to say I agree.

14. SnowSE says:

so, you think kids will be out of school this winter in South Carolina? i just really hope there are huge snow and ice storms this winter for the south.

15. sonnysnow92 says:

The way it’s sounding yea it’s possible but well just have to see what the weather models say as we keep getting closer to winter.

16. SnowSE says:

i just want a very harsh winter this winter season for South Carolina

17. sonnysnow92 says:

Lot’s of people that have been making maps are showing the midwest to east to far south in a hot spot for this winter.

18. SnowSE says:

i want to see an updated map for the 2011/2012 winter weather season. is there anyway or any site i can go to see see one?

19. Amseven73 says:

I am all for the snow!!! I live in Western Kentucky and the winter last year was very nice. We had spells of snow of 2 to 4 inches at a time and a White Christmas. I can deal with the snow anytime but not the ice. The ice storm we had a few years ago was more than I ever want to have. I do like the maps for 2011/2012 winter. 

20. SnowSE says:

i need an updated map, can anyone help me?

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in »