WINTER 2011/2012 PRELIMINARY FORECAST MAPS!

Posted By: FatherFrost  Posted On: Jul 29th, 2011  Filed Under: Weather

Okay, so here are my Winter 2011/2012 preliminary forecast maps:

Temperatures:

Precipitation:

Snowfall:

The factors in these forecast maps:

-Weak La Nina

-Stronger STJ

-Low Solar Output

-Increased Volcanic Activity

-Continued -PDO pattern

-A -NAO/-AO pattern

-A -QBO pattern

-Variable PNA

-Weakening +AMO phase

1. Amseven73 says:

I love the maps and I can’t wait for the fall/winter season.  We have had so much heat/humidity that I am ready for some cool air. Right now 80 degree weather would feel like a huge cool down.

2. undercover921 says:

Looks good FatherFrost, I hoping to see big snowfalls in North Jersey,

3. pearlss says:

FatherFrost, from your computer screen to Mother Nature’s heart. Would have liked to see Above Normal snowfall for NC, versus “slightly”.  August 1st here started with heavy, dense fog, and the 2nd had light fog.  Great start and if that farmer’s prediction comes true, we’ll be starting winter with a bang!

4. fatima20 says:

can’t wait for farmers almanac! 10 more days!

5. snowlover says:

FatherFrost I trust you survived the summer.  Here in Richmond/King William the heat was brutal!  I am really looking forward to Autumn!  I love your maps.  Thanks so much.  I’m getting the fever!  You know…the “I can’t for Fall/Forklore/Winter Predictions” fever :)

6. glennkoks says:

I don’t put any faith in forecasts this far out but I have to admit I like it!  I live in Texas and it has been the hottest driest year on record.  I can’t wait for autumn!

7. sarahrachel says:

Forgive me but I’m new here. What does EC mean?? I’m not in that area, but just curious

8. FatherFrost says:

It means equal chances for above or below normal temperatures/precipitation.

9. Cassidy says:

Here in Charleston SC, I would love to see a 80 degree day! This has been the hottest, most humid summer I can remember here in awhile. I am truly over summer and cant wait for autumn. I just pray we get through these next couple months without any hurricanes or tropical storms. I keep our neighbors in Texas in my prayers and hope for a end to their severe drought soon. Take care all.

10. punisher10 says:

I am in a small town in SW Virginia. Last year called for average precipitation, and very cold. We had like 73″ of snow, which I believe is very common. An average December day temp is like 40 for us, and if everything precip wise is above average, and temp wise is below average WINTER I CAN’T WAIT!!!

11. snowlover says:

Wow!  Did you mean 7.3 inches of snow? If you got 73 inches you were doing great! We didn’t get a lot of snow; however it was very cold.  I too hope for a much snowier, winter!

12. fatima20 says:

73 inches is his average! that’s crazy! 40 on an average december day, when winter really hasn’t gotten started!Punisher10, must live in a snowy almost mountainous area of west virginia!

13. TheMaineMan says:

Up here the average December high is 37 degrees, and the average low 17 degrees.  Average snowfall is 79 inches. This is why there’s usually snow on the ground late November through early April.

14. punisher10 says:

I live in Wise County. That christmas snowstorm was crazy, measured the snow, we had 13.5″ of snow. Yeah, mountains are just awesome aren’t they…

15. fatima20 says:

yeah, that kwanzaa snowstorm was no joke for us in southeastern virginia! Things were shutdown for about a week, as we had well over 12 inches of snow with all of the snow drifts everywhere!

16. punisher10 says:

Yeah, like that December 18-19 2009 snowstorm, we had well over 20″ of snow. But that’s 2 years ago, and last year has gone, this year i hope for lots lots lots of snow.

17. inteerstatelover7165 says:

The Forecast looks good  for me in CT!

18. semiretired says:

Bring on the snow. Here in Michigan we love it. Thanks for the forcast this winter, it brightend up my year.

19. Anthonypilone01 says:

good thing this was was a preliminary outlook for this winter because I am expecting more snowfall than “slightly above average” for this year for Maryland.

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in »