Hurricane Irene

Posted By: Grandin  Posted On: Aug 21st, 2011  Filed Under: Weather

For those in the Flordia Panhandle watch out for Irene. Hurricane Irene is expected to blast the panhandle of Flordia next weekend. So please to my FA family in FL becareful and be safe! Take tons of pictures and when you can post them on here..

Dan

1. Grandin says:

P.S.

Yes i know it’s a Tropical Storm still. But it will be a hurrcaine soon i promise you that!

Dan

2. Cassidy says:

I WAS REALLY HOPING THIS STORM WOULD NOT HIT US HERE IN CHARLESTON SC. LOOKS LIKE WE MAY BE IN FOR A REALLY OMINOUS WEEKEND. . THANK GOD WE HAVE HURRICANE SHUTTERS ON OUR HOUSE, NOT THAT IT WILL HELP IN 110+ MPH WINDS, BUT CANT HURT EITHER. PRAY THIS THING GOES OUT IN THE ATLANTIC. I KNOW THAT’S PROBABLY NOT GONNA HAPPEN, BUT 1 CAN HOPE. TO ALL OTHERS ON THE EAST COAST, BE ON ALERT. THINGS CAN CHANGE IN NO TIME.

3. snowlover says:

Was just reading Accuweather and now they’re saying that it might hit the Carolinas as a cat 3!  Be watchful/prayful.  Isabel is still fresh on my mind.  Shut Richmond down for a week in most areas, 2 weeks in others.  Does anyone remember what catogory Isable was in when she landed in North Carolina?

4. Flake Fan says:

Yikes, if this goes for the Carolinas, it’ll be my friend’s first hurricane since they moved moved to NC. Hopefully they know to prepare! D:

5. FatherFrost says:

Isabelle was a CAT 2 as was Floyd back in ’99. This will be a CAT 1 or weak CAT 2 when it reaches VA but at the rate it is intensifying…I pray for folks in the Bahama’s and Upstate SC/southern NC. They’re looking at a seriously dangerous situation here. CAT 3 strength on impact likely. CAT 4 strength on impact not out of the question. At this time I would say expect severe flooding problems from the SC/NC border up through the Delmarva.

6. Jayne1954 says:

Scarey! I pray for all those in the path of this horrible hurricane. Please be very careful everyone and be safe. The news here said that we here in the panhandle of west virginia can be impacted with very heavy rains if the course doesn’t change. If that’s true we will be in for alot of flooding. God Bless everyone and may God go with you all.

7. fatima20 says:

think Isabelle was like a category 1 or 2 and came here in virginia in 2004. I think this hurricane will be a between the mix of a cat.3-4 storm! It will be terrible this weekend for virginia coming up! They have not talked  musch about virginia but instead the carolinas, I guess because we’re considered the northeast, it’s a little early for us but this storm will be a major hurricane before this evening! Shout out to the Dominicans, who are suffering you guys rock! The Puerto ricans and virginin islanders you guys rock. I hope they’re okay by the way, because have of puerto rico lost power, te dominicans are looking at a possible 10 inches of ran a whopping 10 inches! And the Bahemians are next! Hispanola(Haiti/Dominican Republic) is really getting hammered in the northern mountains of the dominiacan republic, and not so much Haiti. But, our threat levels in virginia are just a bad as the southeast. I’m really starting to re consider this storm something big.

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in »