First Fall Front

Posted By: Flake Fan  Posted On: Sep 3rd, 2011  Filed Under: Weather

MpThe first fall cold front of the year is supposed to move throguh this evening for me (KC). Yesterday we got to 100, but the next few days should have highs in the 70s and lows in the 40s!

1. MSSouthernGirl says:

Happy Fall Flake! I believe I heard our local met mention this was a canadian front. I’ll sure take it. Our forecast highs are in the mid to upper 70′s and lows in the mid 60′s.  Your gonna feel chilly up there with 40 degrees, especially after all this terrible heat.

2. snowboi1 says:

Whens a good cold/cool front gonna hit South Carolina?lol.I know were going to the mid 80s next week but i wont it cooler than that.

3. TheMaineMan says:

Good to hear FlakeFan. And MS girl is right… 40s is going to feel very chilly after being used to those warm temperatures. I’ve gone into the 40s a couple of times so far, but this weekend we’re in a more summer-like pattern with high and low temps more typical of early August than early September, plus thunderstorm activity. However, looks like it could be one of the last summer patterns of the year. :)

4. Flake Fan says:

I’ll be wearing a coat! Usually, lows in the 70s are balmy and only happen during a heatwave, but this year they’ve felt slightly cool! It would be nice to think this front would sweep across the entire country, but TS Lee might make it hard to go too far east. The good news is that this front might be string enough to bring some rain as far south as central Texas; it’s worse than the dustbowl down there. Come on autumn!

5. FatherFrost says:

Congrats flake fan…Lee had to unfortunately ruin it here for us so we’ll be dealing with tropical rainforest levels of humidity for 15+ more days.

6. mrsbama says:

TS Lee really packed a punch last night here in Alabama. We had very high winds and lots of rain. But this morning we have temps in the 60′s and it feels great. I think it is supposed to stay in the 60′s all day. The forcast calls for some lows in the 50′s this week also. Sure could get used to this.

7. southernman79 says:

well the fall weather finnally arrived here in western KY!!!!WOOOOHOOOO!!! Upper 60′s during the day and lower 50′s at night. has been rather cloudy but all in all a 100% better than last week. the monarchs are out thick and swarms of dragonflies everywhere….im lovin it!!!

8. Fatima30 says:

yeah, it has gotten hotter this week, but this will change as the cold front in the deep south should move to the east coast by early next week!

9. romanian says:

My leaves are changing very rapidly (day by day) in western North Carolina, and they are falling rapidly. What could this mean for the upcoming winter?????????? Thanks, god bless!!

10. Amseven73 says:

I live in western Ky and this entire week has felt like fall. The cool air, windy and no humidity. I love it and hope that it stays this way. 

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in »