Lower Ohio Valley

Posted By: kspaulding1219  Posted On: Sep 24th, 2011  Filed Under: Weather

I’ve been reading a lot of different forecasts for this upcoming winter and they seem to be contradictory when it comes to the Southeast and lower Ohio Valley. Some say a strong SE ridge will form, pushing above-normal temperatures into my area. Others say below-average temperatures and above-average precipitation (hopefully in the form of snow, :-D) will be dominant for my area. What are your thoughts? Do you think the SE ridge will negatively affect NW KY this winter or will it drive the storms north and east through here, keeping us in the cold sector of the storm?

1. WinteryKate says:

You know, I’m seeing the same and it is driving me nuts. I’m thinking that since La Nina is growing stronger, we’ll see cold and snowy… but then again I’m not as …versed in this as Fatima, FatherFrost, and the other brilliant people on here with the weather smarts! I do know, though that we’ve had a warm summer and the cold is working its way here. 58 on October 1st? Yes, please!

2. sonnysnow92 says:

Hey guys I live in southern Illinois and I have seen more forecast call for cooler then normal and above normal snowfall. But will just have to wait as time gets closer because there will be more winter forecast out before long.

3. fatima20 says:

thanks for the compliment winterykate! Did you get that email reply after emailing yesterday, to me? or the other day, as i replied to it yesterday!

4. PlowmanOhio81 says:

Yeah, I think the cold is gonna come quick… maybe a longer than normal “Indian Summer” though. :(

5. WinteryKate says:

You’re welcome, fatima! =) I can’t wait for this Indian Summer to end. =\ Apple picking just won’t be the same if it’s.. *gulp* warm. =O

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in ยป