2nd Preliminary Winter 2011- 2012 Outlook map from the Weather Authority!

Posted By: sonnysnow92  Posted On: Sep 27th, 2011  Filed Under: Weather

1. illinoise says:

How confident are you in this forecast?

2. sonnysnow92 says:

For the Midwest/area in purple about 75% confident only because the way the meteorologist in my area have been talking and the way tons of forecast have been showing else wear about 60% because it’s a large area to try and to get 100% on the money and because I live in the Midwest. But this is not my map this is a map I made for my team. They give me the info and I make the maps.

3. illinoise says:

Yea, I live in central Illinois and every single forecaster
    Has put Illinois in the brunt of the winter!

One of these forecast has to verify lol.

4. inteerstatelover7165 says:

looks good for me in SW CT.

5. Grandin says:

so what your saying is that northwest indiana will be buried in snows with brutal cold temps this winter yes? And when do you think we will see our first cool day/freeze?? 60 miles west of chicago is where i rezide.

Dan

6. sapporo1 says:

Well, I have to say, my confidence in that forecast for my area is about a 50/50 shot, because it depends on when the stupid ridge over the west finally flattens, once that happens, Colorado will return to normal conditions, and not this warm, dry weather that has been plaguing us for nearly 2 weeks now, lows in the mid 40s is almost unheard of warm for this time of year, and near mid to upper 70s??? even near 80 on one of the days, that’s unreal, that dome of high pressure is distorting reality, Colorado would never get even close to that warm in late September/ early October in a normal year

7. sonnysnow92 says:

Grandin- the GFS models from time to time is wating to bring a frost/freeze to you around the 1st
    sapporo1-I bet for what it seems at this time that your winter will see some cold times and mabey some days above 32 but better forecast will be made out as time gos on.

8. Jayne1954 says:

Wow!!! If this map is even close it looks like a really bad winter for us here in West Virginia!!! I guess the wise thing to do is to try and start stocking up however we can. Thanks sonnysnow92 for the map and the warning. The weather forecaster’s here have not even ventured a guess about this coming winter yet. Can’t wait to hear what they have to say.

9. illinoise says:

I can’t help but feel like you folks around here are
    Overhyping this winter.

What are you guys gonna do if this forecast becomes a bust? And in fact
    Winter 2011-2012 goes down as a mild one.

Everyone around here keeps saying things like 2/3s of the country
    Is going to be brutally cold with mega epic snowfall.

It really all depends on how the southeast ridge builds this winter folks.
    Right now 08-09 seems like a good analog.

10. Grandin says:

illinoise your killing our mojo dont talk like that.

Dan

11. illinoise says:

Hey grandin,
    No hard feelings man, I’m a winter weather junkie myself. And would
    Love a brutally cold, snowy, icy winter. But calling for this forecast seems a bit overdone especially
    This early.

Who knows, like i said every forecast, throws the GL, MW, OV, MID ATL
    Into the freezer and snow pits for this year:)

12. Grandin says:

Only mother nature knows what will happen this winter. All the models are a crap shoot i agree. But it’s allways fun to dream and have our hopes up. We all will see how this up comping winter season pans out when it happens. I wish the whole cuntry would go into a deep freeze snow on all 50 states. haha i wish the cubs would get in a world series and win too heh. no hard feelings taken though illinoise. cool name too

Dan

13. snowboi1 says:

Hey sonnysnow92 when it says very cold for south carolina by about how many degrees below average would u say?10?15?

14. Clemson_321 says:

South Carolina looks great, keep up the good work :)

15. sapporo1 says:

Well, at least we haven’t broken any heat records this year like we did last year, that’s always a good sign, last year was the scariest year I have ever seen here, the first measurable snow didn’t hit until November, the average first snow around here is generally around September 23rd, but November??? in the 20 years I have lived in Colorado, I have never seen snow or cold come so late, so yeah, if any of you experienced something like that as well, then I indeed sympathize with you, nobody who loves cool and snow should have to endure an entire fall without the joy of the first snowfall glistening on top of red, yellow and orange leaves, that is, except those of you in the south who like the heat and humidity, you can keep it.
    As for Texas, would someone please order those poor souls a tall glass of freakishly heavy rainfall, so that I can stop seeing those horrifying images of bacteria-infested, blood-colored water and dead creatures everywhere and dead crops that literally cooked because of the drought-induced heat waves.

16. sapporo1 says:

I know it’s impossible to tell at this time, but everything pretty much hinges on how active the storm track is and how well the jet stream interacts with those storms, otherwise, it would be a pretty boring year overall for most of us, and another dire year for the deep south

17. inteerstatelover7165 says:

HEY SONNYSNOW, how does it look for SW CT?

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in »