October 28th/29th – Ohio Valley

Posted By: PlowmanOhio81  Posted On: Oct 23rd, 2011  Filed Under: Weather

I’m just curious… has anybody been watching the 18Z GFS? For the last several days it’s been predicting a “snowstorm” for the Ohio Valley/Southern Great Lakes on October 28th/29th. Classic ”Panhandle Hook” scenario. Obviously it’s a fine line to dance with for the snow… but the temperatures are lined up in a 75 mile wide line from Cincinnati, OH all the way to Erie, PA. Both surface and 950.

The last couple years the 18Z GFS has been almost dead on with the predictions for winter… and so far this fall it’s been right on for predictions as well. :)

1. ukfan8812 says:

I live in Northeastern Kentucky plowman. What you think is in store for us if this happens?

2. adogg30 says:

I just got done watching the weather forcast in my area.I did not see any snow in the nxt 7to 10 day for northwest Ohio . it supposed to be in the upper forties to mid fiftes for the next several days with rain on weds and thursday. but things are still early ill keep my eyes open to see if anything changes.if it helps the f.a. did say that some wet snow could fall between the 28 -31 for are area .

3. adogg30 says:

and if it does not  happend sorry to burst your bubble

4. PlowmanOhio81 says:

Yeah, the GFS updated and the temps aren’t as cold now… but the NWS is still forecasting snow Thursday night with no accumulation.

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in »