awesome forecast from old farmers almanac(forecasting very cold and snowy winter for the mid atlantic, northern midwest, and southeast)!

Posted By: fatima20  Posted On: Oct 31st, 2011  Filed Under: Weather

Well, looks like I was right that especially the southeast and mid atlantic wouldbe havinga cold and snowy winter after all this winter. They’re saying from new york to like georgia will have it bad this year. They have cold and snowy covering right over virginia beach area this year! I heard their forecast is probably the best ever for snowlovers here, as virginia and the rest of the southeast aswe’re part of the southeast to them have predicted blizzards this winter coming up for us this winter! looks like virginia’s going to be a main highlight for many treacherous, cold and snowy days ahead for us and  can’t wait. I’m checking that almanac out, because they seem very concerned for our area!

Old farmers almanac (2011-2011 winter):

The long-range forecast covers November 2011 through March 2012—and traditionally 80% accurate!

2012 U.S. Weather

• Snowfall will be above normal in most locations from New England southward to Georgia and westward across the northern tier of states to the Cascades of Washington and Oregon. Skiers, rejoice!
  • Snowfall will be below normal in most other areas that typically receive snow. Hey, at least that means less shoveling, right?
  • Temperatures across most of the nation will be above normal, on average, with several very cold periods.
  • However, temperatures will be below normal, on average, in most of New England, the Mid-Atlantic, South Florida, the Upper Midwest, the Desert Southwest, and the Pacific Southwest.
  • Precipitation will be above normal in the eastern Ohio Valley and in northern portions of the Upper Midwest, Pacific Northwest, and Pacific Southwest and below normal everywhere else.
  • Most of the area from Texas and western Louisiana northward to Nebraska and Iowa will have relatively mild temperatures, on average, but below-normal precipitation will increase drought concerns.

2012 U.S. Weather Map

Click to enlarge!

1. snowboi1 says:

Sucks for South Carolina as usual.Sucks also it said above normal for most of the nation.Oh well i pray next winter is finally gonna be true cold again like the 70s.

2. fatima20 says:

it says mild, and snowy for you, which should mean lots of wet snow! that’s great i mean snowy. it has my area under cold and sowy so snow for me as well.

3. Jayne1954 says:

Wow! We are also in the cold and snowy area. We are in west virginia and all I can say is wow! Still waiting for our local weather team to give it’s winter forcast. They did say before above average snowfall but that’s all they said. Gee I hope that wasn’t their winter forcast, I was hoping for more info on their part. Well I will just wait and see if they come up with more. Heck I get more info on here anyway. :)

4. KatD says:

no no no!!!!! I want a REAL winter! summer was hot as heck and DRY. a warm winter that is dry too? ack! re-do the map please. :(

5. KatD says:

oh yeah. give that change to missouri. oops.

6. fatima20 says:

this is fom ofa katd, and jayne your area says mild, snowy, but still it’ll be snowy for you!

7. snowboi1 says:

Thats what makes no sense.Why would it say mild and snowy?

8. Jayne1954 says:

Fatima, When you click on the map to enlarge it, it says cold and snowy for my area in the Eastern Panhandle of wv.. When you look at it before it’s enlarged it says mild and snowy. Go figure!

9. 02mxzx136 says:

wasn’t the old farmers almanac horribly wrong last year?another thing if it’s mild in the southeast how can it possibly be snowy????therir forecast makes no sense and is going against almost everyother forecast i have seen.

10. Jayne1954 says:

When you click on the map to enlarge it then it says cold and snowy. I thought that to at first mild and snowy? Until I clicked on the map to enlarge it.

11. Anthonypilone01 says:

I hope your right about this outlook Fatmia. because i have been looking up other outlooks for this winter for the mid Atlantic and i find them…well, lets just say I just do not agree with what they are predicting and that just bothers me, as a snow lover.

12. fatima20 says:

yeah, ordin to ofa it will be cold and sowy which should be accurate anthonypilone01! And jayne it can be milder temps like 30s with wet slushy “good” snow.

13. Blizzardlord says:

old farmers almanac maps i think dont tend 2 make sense a lot

14. 02mxzx136 says:

if it’s mild in the south east then that usually means above normal temps.for example,winston-salem,nc ‘s lowest winter average is 48 for a high and 30 for a low.so mild temps would be above those averages whichwould not support snow.i also believe you are right blizzardlord about ofa maps not making any sense.

15. Anthonypilone01 says:

@fatmia20
    yeah cuz some of these so-called weather people and their outlooks on youtube are just putting the above normal precip and snowfall in places where it should be like in Maryland and they can be off and that just annoys me lol But with all this your explaining, you seem to know what your talking about and I’ll stick with your outlook, along with other with similar outlook to yours :)

Every night, I pray for a pretty snowy winter here in the mid-atlantic region for this year :)

16. Anthonypilone01 says:

Oh, forgive me, I meant to say “fatima20″.
    Sorry I misspelled your username wrong  lol

17. Cassidy says:

OK, SO THE MAP SAYS 2011/2012, BUT WHEN YOU CLICK TO ENLARGE IT, IT SAYS 2010/2011 MAP. AM I MISSING SOMETHING HERE? THX’S ALL.

18. fatima20 says:

it should be sort of accurate for this year, except more areas should see cold and snowy combined this winter.

19. Anthonypilone01 says:

The more I see these outlooks, the more excited I get for this year’s winter for my region :)

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in »