Has Winter Already Started?

Posted By: Flake Fan  Posted On: Oct 31st, 2011  Filed Under: Weather

It’s really funny. It’s still October, and we’ve already had snow producing storms moving through, with one after another beginning to appear like they will be moving across the country, while most places are around peak fall color! It looks like it’s gonna be an exciting few weeks, and hopefully longer:)

1. fatima20 says:

i did say once snow fell that repeated snowstorms would follow after.

2. TheMaineMan says:

It has been a crazy end of October… but I don’t see any more snow in the immediate forecast, at least not for my region. Maybe later in November. That’s fine… need time to rake the lawn!

3. fatima20 says:

yeah, it’ll e here soon all over, so don’t rush it.

4. sapporo1 says:

Trust me, I know about stormy lately, we have had 2 storms in a week, both producing decent snows here, the first was nothing special, only about 4 inches, and this last one that just moved through producing 7 inches, with about 1 to 2 foot snow drifts, so not too bad, and over the next 2 weeks, we have at least 4 more opportunities for snow, 2 of which might be stronger ones, a few short-lived warm spells will be in between the storms (being that we always have a short spell of downsloping winds the day before a storm moves in on us) but for the most part, we stay cool and stormy over the next few weeks, so, in short, contrary to both the Weather Channel’s and NOAA’s November outlook, we have been the opposite of what they predicted, and it’s looking like that trend will continue for a while, but in general, it’s looking like wetter than normal and normal to slightly cooler than normal this month.
    As for December, who knows, like I said before, I think everyone will get a surprize this winter, because it seems that this is one of those years where no long range meteorologist can really pin down exactly what is going to happen, because the weather patterns are becoming more and more unpredictable as winter draws closer, like the fact that nobody really saw that Northeast blizzard coming until it was already on top of them, or, that what looked to be average strength snowstorms tracking over Wyoming and Colorado suddenly became supercharged monsters slamming places like Cheyenne and Denver with a foot or more of snow.

5. Jayne1954 says:

We here in the Eastern Panhandle of WV will be going up into the upper 50′s and mid 60′s this week and into early next week. One day will be 65 degrees! Maybe this will be the calm before the storm! The nights have been pretty cold though. We had frost early this morning. This weather is weird with the temps. Who would have ever thought of snow in October! You hit it right on Fatima!!!! :)

6. arpadpihes says:

When do you think the first big snowfall will be in Ottawa, ONT?

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in »