Flake Frowning…..

Posted By: snowgazer  Posted On: Dec 19th, 2011  Filed Under: Weather

I’m beginning to feel blue, because I want to see white! I’ve read so many reports for what the winter of 2011/2012 would be like, the predictions, and yes, I understand, nothing is set in stone, but I had my hopes up. I’m in southeastern Ohio and live for the big storms, but now it’s December 19 and we’ve barely had a flurry. Each year I read everything on here and other sites as well, pertaining to what the graphs and charts show for snow accumulation and this year I’ve been so excited, waiting patiently for those mounting piles of white stuff that leaves the world outside my front door looking like a wonderland…but alas….there are no piles, nor are there smiles.

1. snowlover says:

If you’ve seen a flurry this season then you are still better off than I am.  I haven’t seen anything except frost :(  The last two Decembers we seen snow right before Christmas and it does’nt take long to get spoiled.  So be patient we must.  I didn’t get my hopes up too high because I didn’t see any persimmons cut with spoon/shovel inside.  In fact, I don’t think anyone had any persimmons on here this year!  There weren’t too many “signs”  that indicated a “bad” winter.  Not for the Virginia area anyway. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.  Keep hope alive snowgazer!  Merry Christmastime!

2. snowgazer says:

Snowlover; Now that you mention it, I haven’t seen or heard anything about the persimmons either! Well shoot…I wonder if that means this is going to go down in history as one of those winters that really wasn’t. Smile. Yes indeed I will keep the hope alive, and I’ll keep watching out the window for the first flake to fall, I guess there’s still a lot of winter left, so, I won’t get too down in the mouth yet. I hope you and yours have a wonderful, Merry Christmas, and I hope it will be white!!

3. adogg30 says:

snowgazer and snow lover , i live in northwest Ohio  and i felt like you guy not having any snow but I kept praying for snow especially for christmas i might prayer answer eve though its 5 days away. so what im saying is pray from now till then any maybe god will answer your prayers just like he did mine.

4. snowgazer says:

Thank you, adogg30! Those are good words to live by, and I will certainly follow them. I hope you and your family have a wonderful and safe, holiday season!

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in »