Chance of Nor’easter near Black Friday

Posted By: whiteout  Posted On: Jan 4th, 2012  Filed Under: Weather

from http://www.bcsouthweather.com/SeWA.php?page=Black_Friday_Storm_for_East_Coast_1325726275

To everyone on the East coast, brace yourselves for another possible Nor’easter developing January 10, through 13.

The system will start as rain in Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Arkansas, and Mississippi, and then continue Northeast on January 11 bringing rain to all states East of Missouri, and Illinois. Southeast Missouri and Southern Illinois will receive some rain as well.

Overnight January 11, into January 12. Areas in Ohio, Western Pennsylvania, Western New York, and areas close to Canada will likely see a transition to mixed precipitation. Snow will most likely fall in areas near the border overnight January 12, into Black Friday, January 13.

Another system will merge with this storm over the Great Lakes. Western Great Lakes will likely receive around 5-15 cm while Eastern Great Lakes receives 10-25 cm, but more is possible if snow squalls develop.

New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and PEI will likely receive heavy amounts of rain. Snow fall in Eastern Quebec likely will total 5-10 cm; NFL and Labrador, 10-20 cm.

Strong winds and gusts near 70-100 km/h may be associated with the storm as it approaches and die down as the system leaves.

1. Anthonypilone01 says:

I also heard colder air will be coming again for the northeast/mid Atlantic, too. So, by mid January, I am keeping my fingers crossed for snow during that time.

2. Jayne1954 says:

Anthony, It seems like a few weather guys are in agreement with much colder temps. coming mid to late January. You think this may finally be our chance for some real cold and snow coming our way?? I guess all we can do is watch, listen and hope. I will hope for you and you can hope for us! :)

3. whiteout says:

This forecast said rain for a lot of areas, so it might be a warmer than normal noreaster lol

4. Anthonypilone01 says:

@Janye1954
    Well, they are calling for colder weather late next week So i am hoping for colder improvements. yes, I will hope for some snow for your area and hope for snow for my area. I prayed for many night for snow.

5. USAclimatereporter says:

there was no noreaster in new york city this year

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in ยป