For those of you who have seen at least an inch of snow..

Posted By: snowlover  Posted On: Jan 9th, 2012  Filed Under: Weather

Be grateful!!!!  I haven’t seen one flake this season!!!!  The past two or three years have spoiled me.  I even had the audacity to hope for snow on Christmas :)  Huh!!!  Not one flake. I haven’t even seen an ice pellet.  The yellow flowers are beginning to come on the bushes.  Richmond Virginia looked like spring last Sat (1/7)  It was 69 degrees!!!!  I too saw a mosquitto!!!   WJP says that winter will come home around the end of the month.  Let’s hope he’s right.  Happy New Year all… and I feel your winter woes…..:)

Pam

1. KatD-Mo. says:

pam,
    my mares haven’t haired up much, my dogs are shedding.  I cleaned out the car and left the hair.   why?  it’ll be right back in.  I’ve only had 1 big electric bill this season.  I think the hubby was going electrially crazy in the shop, it sure isn’t the house furnace.  I’m still sweating at work (proff. cleaners), had to throw a fit to get a fan ((((massive eye roll on that)))) cuz all the vents are covered…. for winter.
    we did have one snow. about 1-1/2 inches… with a little ice under it.  totally not fun.  I went to work and counted 6 in the ditch.  I was told I missed “the big one”.   a pile up.  NOT a bummer there, nor an eye roll. 
    we’ve dumped a chit load of cash into the snow equipment… which is all back at home now.  No need for it to sit in town waiting on vandals.
    the good news?  the new gal at work quit so my hours have been upped a bit.  yeehaw.  nope, I don’t miss her one bit.  if it does decide to snow…. I’m jacked up out of driving because I have no replacement at work. 
    ITS ONE CRAZY WINTER!  Its sure to go down in the history books.
    Snow to ya!

2. Anthonypilone01 says:

our time in the mid atlantic will come for snow  :)

3. snowlover says:

Yes, keep hope alive!  A co-worker said that our local Met said something about a “chance” of snow on Sunday.  Anyone see anything that looks promising for the mid-atlantic? 

4. KatD-Mo. says:

we have a chance for flurries tonight.  possible accum. of 1 inch.   we’re hoping its our standard possible 1 inch, which means we get more, just barely enough to plow.

bad part… it may start as rain.  crap I dislike ice!

5. Anthonypilone01 says:

@snowlover
    Well, the cold is coming for the weekend but i am not expecting much snow…..yet.
    But i know our time will come

6. snowlover says:

Keeping hope alive.  Now there is a “possibility” that we’ll see some snow flurries tomorrow.  You things are bad when you’re wishing to see a flurry! :)  I’m glad that I have you Guys to whine with, because my family and coworkers thinks I’m bonkers:).  We “Snowlovers” need to stick together!

7. Anthonypilone01 says:

@snowlover
    EXACTLY! Stick together, indeed. I guess I’ll take flurries than nothing at all. But i obviously prefer a blizzard lol

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in »