GET OUT THE PARTY HATS!

Posted By: Miss Scott  Posted On: Jan 13th, 2012  Filed Under: Weather

Woot Woot!!!!  FINALLY!!!!!  Big heavy wet snow, and temps are not rising above the teens for the rest of next week, so all the additional accumulation will stay!!!  In our area, we received a foot or more, and another 6 to 8 on the way for today!  Hopefully it will be powder, that big wet stuff, is a bit much to shovel, but hey, who’s complaining!!! NOT ME!! It iced up around 1 p.m. yesterday and just continued to drop temp wise and is still snowing as I write this. Of course, no where near the amount we should have by now,  and here is the kicker, I looked over on acu.weather for the rest of month, temps hold steady, only a couple days call for high 30′s, but NO SNOW at all, still not right.  Well, I am going to get out there and have me some fun while I can:)    Better not see any more damn mosquito’s or flies either lol lol!!!  Here is hoping everyone else gets theirs too!!!!!

1. Miss Scott says:

@spellbound, I am in Traverse City MI on Lake Michigan. Northwest lower MI.  We are getting big snow today, and will be going all the way till Thursday!!!  Now it is supposed to be staying cold too, so there should be no chance that the snow will be melting.  Where are you?

2. spellbound says:

Southwestern Pa, Farmington,Pa.  I wish we had that snow.  I’m getting very discusted with this winter.  This is when i can make money and instead I’m going broke waiting for this warm trend to break.  I saw some local mets say 50′s next week.  Crappy freaking weather. 

3. Miss Scott says:

@spellbound, what is your career, you look like a skier in your pix, is that your daughter…..it is snowing here  BIG TIME, WISH I COULD SEND SOME TO YA:)  I know how you feel, i was p.o.d that freaking mosquitos, spiders  big ones, a few always annoying flies, in January, WTH, i would be freaking myself if the it had not showed up!!!!  What lake are you on, I only know about Pittsburg, from the Parking Wars!  What a crazy show!!!!  Have to go check snow again, shoveled decks and porches and steps 3 times, 6 in or so each time, big powder:)  Wish I had some snowshoes!!!!

4. Anthonypilone01 says:

:(  I’m still waiting for my snow, though

5. snowlover says:

Wow!  You know things are bad when someone from MI gets excited for snow:(  I still haven’t seen a flake.  Do you all hear me!!!!  I haven’t seen A FREAKING FLAKE!!!!!!!!!!!! 

6. spellbound says:

@ Miss Scott, I own a landscaping company.  We do snow removal in the winter, we have 10 trucks in our fleet.  We only do industrial though.  We got a little snow enough to deice lots but this is the only third time we have worked doing snow removal.  By now we are usually very busy, but not this year.  I’m getting worried.  I’m about 35-40 south of Pittsburgh, and about 30 minutes from Morgantown WV.   I live in the mountains but my shop is in the valley were my sites are. 

7. USAclimatereporter says:

there was only 10 inches of snow here this winter in new york city

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in »