All I can say is, “Good riddance to the non-winter of 2011-2012″

Posted By: Rodney1974  Posted On: Feb 27th, 2012  Filed Under: Weather

Hello Everyone:

With the exception of those who enjoyed this horribly warm winter, this has been the worst, if not the most nightmarish “non-winter” ever! I am so glad it is almost over! The cold never came in December, January or even February!  Unfortunately, even March is going to be warm as well! I have never seen a loooong, booring, uneventful winter since 2001-2002 (though that winter at least had decent cold and snow in March of 2002). 

Worst of all, I knew my intuitions told me from mid-November that the winter of 2011-2012 was going to be cancelled for the Great Lakes Region. It was painfully obvious that Mother Nature did not want, and I repeat, did not want to bring any Arctic cold to the Eastern half of the United States this year. I hope to God she compensates our hardships next winter. Then again, she could add insult to our injury by providing us both a yearlong heatwave and another year without a winter! This situation makes you want to file a lawsuit against Mother Nature, would anybody not agree? Then again, I am so burned out from this crummy weather! Take care and good luck!

1. TheMaineMan says:

I have a big snowstorm forecast in my area for March 1… that isn’t going near the GL?

2. USAclimatereporter says:

well it was cold here in nyc in january but not in febuary and normal in december for the most part

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in »