30 above normal

Posted By: TheMaineMan  Posted On: Mar 18th, 2012  Filed Under: Weather

75 degrees right now. Average high is 45 degrees. My forecast low, 47, is higher than the average high.

New record set for March 18, easily.

Saw bugs today, got bit by one, saw grass turning green, the last of the snow melting away, and perennials poking up out of the ground. Also checked the forecast, and more of the same is to come.

Never mind April or May, it is June-like.

1. snowboi1 says:

Yeah its terrible.Will winter ever truely cover the usa again like in the 70s back?

2. april will bring warm and cool, sunshine and squally weather and, cold rain and may will be very warm in the great lakes at times of thunderstorm but june and july and august will be very volatile here in the northern states terms of heat and storms ciao.

3. TheMaineMan says:

Broke more records this week with temps going above 80 twice. Summer-like.

Bugs are out in full swing now.

4. Grandin says:

it was 90 here the other day. and now this coming week will be in t he 50′s and 60′s. Still above normal. And i got a sun burn in the middle of March! Ive never seen a winter/EARLY spring like this..

Dan

5. sapporo1 says:

Yeah, I hear you, it’s going to be even crazier the rest of the weekend with more 80s here for tomorrow followed by 80mph winds tomorrow then blizzard conditions possible Monday with a quick return to 70s by Wednesday, that’s even unusual for Monument, we are normally much colder in March.
    This March will actually go down as both the driest and hottest March ever recorded in Colorado history, with literally zero measurable precip for the entire month as well as temperatures that topped out in the 80s and even a few 90s possible in some places tomorrow.

6. Flake Fan says:

Everything has been messed up since that heatwave last summer! :p

7. BigMFg says:

i love the weather but my question is “will it frost in SE michigan again”? it would be nice to plant the delicates early.

8. TheMaineMan says:

It’s actually been cooler than normal for the past week or so… 5 degrees below normal I would say. We’re getting frosts/freezes almost every night, and this kind of put spring on hold… at least for now. We should be getting back into the upper 50s and lower 60s next week, which by mid-April is actually seasonable.

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in »