Brief cold snap

Posted By: TheMaineMan  Posted On: Mar 26th, 2012  Filed Under: Weather

How the tables have turned… at least for now. After hitting 80 only a few days ago, the temperature will likely plunge below 20 tonight as a northwest front rolls in, making it feel more like early March than late March. Highs will be stuck around the 40 degree mark, which is about 8 degrees below normal. This looks to last through Wednesday, and after that things lo0k much closer to normal… no sign of a blowtorch in the near future.

Even have the possibility of some snowflakes Wednesday night.

1. Grandin says:

dont  count on it being a long term thing maineman. It was in the 40′s yesterday and in the 30′s last night. Now it’s 74 and will be 49 tonight. What are your feelings on spring/summer2012 maineman??

Dan/Johnny

My kid aksed about the what are your feelings on spring and summer.. That’s why i added his name..

2. TheMaineMan says:

Dan and Johnny,

Things are actually staying quite cool around here. I actually woke up to a surprise 2.5 inches of snow last night, bringing my March total to 13.5 inches and making it the snowiest month of this season (rare, as you would imagine). Most of it has already melted, but some more is possible tonight… another dusting to 2 inches. Lows have been in the 20s, and highs barely reaching 40. Spring is sort of “on-hold” for now, at least over here.

I think that spring will be much more seasonable than this past winter was, but summer may be quite warm for most of the nation. I don’t think it will be nearly as bad as some people seem to be expecting, as far as the heat, but I expect overall warmer-than-normal conditions. Maybe a +2 departure for your region and a +1 for mine.

3. Grandin says:

I hope it warms up over where you are maineman. And thats pretty much how i feel as well on the spring and summer outlook. Johnny said thank you for sharen your thoughts..

Dan

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in »