Fall 2012 Outlook

Posted By: buddy17474  Posted On: Jun 3rd, 2012  Filed Under: Weather

I noticed there was a 2012 Spring, Summer, and Winter outlook, but no Fall outlook, so I decided I would make one. I am not a forecaster by any means, but I have a prediction I thought was possible. I think on the West side of the United States it will be slightly warmer and wetter than usual. I think on the Eastern side of the United States, it will be slightly cooler and stormier than usual. I also think there will be a November blizzard for somehwere in the United States making temperatures much colder for most of the nation. Post your thoughts!

1. The Rickster says:

I’m game for that prediction. I live in South Carolina, so any cold is welcomed here. By me anyways. Lol.

2. snowlover says:

Wow!  Nice to hear.  I’ve been gone for a while.  I guess I was just too disappointed in last Winter.  Although my power bills looked good :).  We have had a strange weather pattern so far.  March 2012 was hotter than May here in Virginia!  Thankfully thus far June seems to be a bit cooler than most.  Highs 71 for Tuesday & Wednesday with temperatures climbing into the 80s by Friday.  Hope everyone has been doing well. 

3. Farmers' Almanac Staff says:

Hey Buddy,

We’ll likely release our Fall outlook sometime this summer (probably around August 1st).

Farmers’ Almanac Staff

4. buddy17474 says:

Oh thanks, I’ll be watching for it! This topic is just for what me and other people think.

5. i love nicole says:

Anybody remember how cold and wet the fall of 2006 was? It was crazy!

6. buddy17474 says:

According to the long range forecast, late September will have cooler temperatures for the country and will be unsettled for much of the country. It even says some snowflakes are possible across higher elavations of Montana, so that’s somewhat a start for winter alreadly, ha.

7. sapporo1 says:

As long as any of this means relief to this endless bombardment of drought and fires here in Colorado, then that will at least give me some hope, our poor Palmer Lake is pretty much gone, not to mention most of the aquatic life has pretty much died off, 4th of July fireworks have been cancelled,burn bans across the entire state, fires everywhere and 90+ degree temperatures are reach clear into our area, which is unheard of.
    We are nearly 10 inches below normal for just this fiscal year alone, not counting the heavy rain and snow deficits that go clear back to the summer of 2010, so someone please tell me there is at least some good news. 

8. stuffradio says:

I would send you our rain if I could.

9. buddy17474 says:

Nov. 4-7: Northeast/Great Lakes – Cold and snow possible

10. USAclimatereporter says:

i hope you are right about the blizzard i hope it comes to the mortheast

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in »