Question

Posted By: snowboi1  Posted On: Jul 7th, 2012  Filed Under: Weather

Hi i know back in the 90s back winter down here in South Carolina used to go to at least thru parts of March or even first half of the month.Can anyone tell me if they think it will ever be colder down here that late again as we used to get it more down here.Seems winters last several years end before February ends.Used to not be like that.Will it ever change again?I dont mean cold cold but cold enough for that time of year to be below average some.

1. TheMaineMan says:

What do you consider typical “winter” temperatures down there?

I would think that any sort of ENSO pattern in the weak positive to mide-negative range would give you at least a 50% chance of below average temperatures that time of year. I’m not really sure what your averages are that time of year, but since you’re far down south I’m sure that snow/freezes would be rare anyways. Even up here the average temperatures are high 43 low 23 in early March, so I imagine you must be much warmer.

2. snowboi1 says:

Yeah by early march here its about 60 for average high and 40 for low but the thing is its above average even at night but what makes no sense is we dont even seem to have lows that are average that time of year.If it was we would at least be colder at night still.Thats what im asking in my original post.

3. snowboi1 says:

Yeah also is it impossible for SC to be well below average in march and what would it take to be below average even 5 degrees?

4. Jayne1954 says:

Hi all!! Yes I have seen some spider webs that are fairly large and very high up. There is one that is fairly large and up at the top of my porch roof. I didn’t see any that high last yesr. There are alot of bees and wasps floating around to. The same here with the snake explosion and from what I hear it is the same for the bears to. Well hopefully this winter will be a better winter with at least a couple of decent snowstorms for us all !!! :)

5. Jayne1954 says:

Oops I put that post in the wrong place. Fixed it and now in the right place.

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in »