Hello Everyone

Posted By: Ohio 5-O  Posted On: Jul 16th, 2012  Filed Under: Weather

Hello Everyone,
I am new to this and see everyone is goin on about this heat wave and the upcoming winter so i thought i’d join in lol. It’s been hotter than hell here in Cleveland (90s and even a few 100s) has me convinced im in florida lol. With that bein said I sure hope it is a cold and snowy winter.

1. djd9 says:

Hello Ohio 5-0, all. I am new here too. My mental ramblings…
    I remember summers being bad-hot most of my life. But I think this drought has been coming for at least three years. Most of us past 50 years old have seen droughts before. They come, hurt us, then eventually are over. Have we been in the middle of global warming for most of our lives? Probably so. But in my mind I can’t help but think we are also in a new weather cycle forming that we will get used to. It is all about accepting changes, and change is always difficult.
    I can’t help but think we lost a lot when we stopped living in a village scenario where everyone had a vegetable garden that could be easily watered. Well, maybe not easily, but doable. And everyone contributed to the community food bank. Can we somehow get at least part of that back? I think we can.
    I believe in the power of positive thinking. I’ve seen it work over and over. Thinking and work being the operative words. We’ve had it too soft for too long, generally speaking, and there has been a serious imbalance in those who have food, and those who don’t. I don’t claim to know how this works; I just know it does.
    Thoughts?

2. Ohio 5-O says:

I gotta say your right about all of what u said. The only difference between u and me is i’m 25 and youre old lol just kiddding don’t take me too personally I just thought we have fun on here.

3. smackdown says:

Welcome the group. Im sure hoping for a big snowy winter here in IL… I dont think I can stand another disappointment like last year. I am looking forward to the Almanacs prediction in August. That’s when this forum will explode with activity & it’ll carry on through the winter.

4. Ohio 5-O says:

Yes my fellow midwesterner, last year was a huge disappointment because I remember they said worst winter on record but it wasn’t even close. We had nothing. I have a feeling that this year will be cold and snowy but thats just me.

5. smackdown says:

I agree, I know el nino/la nina will play a factor in the winter to come but I feel we will pay for the past mild winter/current drought. They are comparing this drought to 1988 but 1988 wasn’t as hot as we are right now. 1000 counties have been declared disaster areas in regards to their corn crops. OK, many will collect insurance but the major concern is rising food costs & ultimately the 3rd world countries who depend on food shipped from the US. Should be interesting to see how things unfold.

6. mountiangirl says:

As i’m back after being gone for some time moved to a new area on the mass-vermont border actually and i have to say it’s been a hot one here and very little rain things are brown and crunchy and the humidity has been awful.As i have seen prices going up around here and farmers markets aren’t doing to well either it’s been a tough summer so far.All we can do is hope and pray this will pass and hope fall will be better.

7. USAclimatereporter says:

that is how it has been all summer long

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in ยป